Windows Fab on the Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation Windows Fab on the Mac

Anyone know if dvdfab for windows has full functionality when run on the mac via bootcamp ?

Cheers

Rod

It will work if your Mac has Parallels or VMware Fusion installed.

Comment

I have used it with parallels, it works just fine.

That being said, the PC app and the Mac app do not share a login code, they are separate purchases completely.

Since I have migrated to an almost exclusive mac workflow, I would hesitate to buy the PC version of the app. If you are moving away from the mac and more toward windows however, that might be the version to invest in.

Hopefully in the future, they will allow the same purchase to work with either a PC or Mac software, so switchers to and from apple don't have to rebuy the same software (or virtualization software to use their current app.)

Comment

Originally posted by RodMingo View Post
        Anyone know if dvdfab for windows has full functionality when run on the mac via bootcamp ?

Cheers

Rod
        I have both boot camp and parallels and find that boot camp works a bit faster with DVDFab and its free since its already on your mac. So yes it works with boot camp.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm in trial mode presently with Fab running on my Bootcamp win7 install.

Presently this is looking positive for me, with WinFab's bluray copy/rip function's appearing to work well, massive improvement over the Mac version as usually the process is a success instead of failure.

I'm awaiting the refund for macfab to hit my account, but it looks like I'll then purchase Winfab to run under bootcamp.

This is the only way I see any future in me running Fab.

Regards

Rod

Comment

Working...
          X