No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Else Have This Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy Does Anyone Else Have This Problem?

When I want to copy a DVD, I copy it to an ISO file. Later on, I use DVD Copy to try and burn it to disk. That way, I have the ISO file in case anything happens to the disk.

Whenever I try to burn the disk from an ISO file, DVDFAB "detects writable media in drive" and then immediately says "Copy Process Complete".

The ONLY way I can burn a DVD from the ISO file is to use DVDFAB Version 8.1.3.8.

Yes, I have the latest version and it writes the ISO file just fine but I'm screwed if I try to burn a DVD from that ISO file UNLESS I use Version 8.1.3.8.

All settings are the same.

I've tried to get an answer on this before but no one answers.

Thanks!

Hi rjv,

Please tell us the details of your DVD drives, like brand, type, internal or external, etc.

Please go to HOME Folder/Documents/DVDFab/Log, post your dvdfab_burn.log and dvdfab_internal.log, our devs need to analyze the logs to check where the problem is. Thanks.

Sincerely,
    --
    Sunny

Comment

This is related to the issue of;

23:06:45 Info WriteMode: 2
      23:06:45 Error No enough space to hold data. 3688288 > 2295104
      23:06:51 Info Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:03:47

It is also related to this;

0m 27.27s: got media type 4
      0m 27.27s: got max lba 3688287
      0m 27.27s: iso /Users/dreammachine/Documents/DVDFab/ISO/DVD_FAB_MOVIE.iso
      0m 27.28s: type DVD-VIDEO
      0m 27.29s: volume label DVD_FAB_MOVIE
      0m 27.32s: got copyright 0 0
      0m 27.32s: got udf/iso

They told me 6-1-12 that they are aware of this issue and are working on it.
      It causes DVDFab to say its operation is complete despite the DVD has only been in the burner for 15 seconds.

Comment

13:17:25 Info IsoFile: /Users/sleepy/Documents/DVDFab/ISO/DEBBIE_DOES_BEJING.iso
        13:17:25 Info WriteMode: 4
        13:17:25 Info LayerBreak: 0
        13:17:25 Error No enough space to hold data. 3557600 > 2295104
        13:17:31 Info Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:00:12

Comment

Ozzie, That's Exactly It!

Hi Ozzie,

You have described the problem perfectly. It is a real pain. I can copy DVDs to an ISO file just fine - every time. But, when I try to use any MAC version other than 8.1.3.8 it comes up with the "Success" message after 15 seconds and ejects the DVD.

I hope they address this problem soon but as long as I know the work around (using 8.1.3.8 to burn) then I'm okay. If I couldn't use 8.1.3.8 to burn DVDFab would be an absolutely useless application!

Thanks!

Comment

15 second burn, not enough space

I have had this issue since May, it is now almost July and not a single patch to fix this problem. DVDFab must not have enough people maintaining the Mac version of fab or its a bigger coding issue than I thought. I am hoping it gets fixed soon.

Comment

Does 8.1.9.0 fix this problem?

It does not address this issue in the release.

Comment

Working...
              X