DVDFab doesn't detect BluRay on Mountain Lion, crashes on every exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other DVDFab doesn't detect BluRay on Mountain Lion, crashes on every exit

DVDFab does not detect the bluray drive on Mountain Lion. It's an external Pioneer BDR-206D attached via Firewire.

Hi gco,

Please do not connect the external blu-ray burner via Firewire, you need hook it up with Mac directly via USB for DVDFab to detect it.

Sincerely,
    --
    Sunny

Comment

I have been using the drive via fireware with Lion successfully for some time now.

I have tried using USB per your suggestion and it still doesn't work (on Mountain Lion). The app starts but never detects the drive. The drive/inserted disc shows up in finder, just not in DVDFab.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
        Hi gco,

Please do not connect the external blu-ray burner via Firewire, you need hook it up with Mac directly via USB for DVDFab to detect it.

Sincerely,
        --
        Sunny
        Is dvdfab working to allow external bluray drives to be connected via FireWire in future releases? Although I have a USB drive now, I would like to upgrade to a FireWire burner in the future. Thanks.

Comment

I haven't had any problems using DVDFab with my Firewire drive on Lion (OS X 10.7).

Should I gather from the sunny's response that it's not recommended?

I use a Pioneer BDR-206D in a USB/FW800/eSATA enclosure. Normally it's connected only via FW800.

But DVDFab doesn't work with that drive connected via FW or USB on Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8).

Comment

Hi gco,

Our devs need to buy the same Blu-ray drive "Pioneer BDR-206D" to do more tests on Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8), please give us more time, thanks.

We do always recommend the USB connection for external BD drives on Mac computer. And we suggest you to hook up just one external blu-ray drive for running DVDFab. Multi-connection is therefore a pain while you reading source DVDs.

Sincerely,
            --
            Sunny

Comment

Working...
            X