Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy 8.1.9.0 no longer opens media on internal imac drive

Installed 8.1.9.0 after running the prev versions ok -
    this version will not open a DVD on my internal imac drive - it hands there saying "scanning media" but never returns

On the external DVD drive - works perfectly.

the mac dvd player plays the dvd perfectly in the internal drive.

DVDFab 8.1.9.0 (2012/07/15 17:58:43)

0m 00.48s: Start check info : multi
    0m 00.48s: Start get sys number.
    0m 00.49s: Serial number is: ECAFEDA3-C6DC-5E71-AE2A-B1B4EEDD8CE9
    0m 00.71s: GPUAccelerate: 12582912
    0m 00.71s: CUDA cap: 0
    0m 00.71s: Support coreavc decode: 0
    0m 00.71s: Graphics info: : :
    0m 00.72s: Qt Translator file load success
    0m 00.98s: Load config successful.
    0m 00.99s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
    0m 02.38s: Times of connecting error is: 0
    0m 02.39s: Load profiles from "/Applications/DVDFab.app/Contents/Resources/DVDFab.app/Contents/MacOS/" successful.
    0m 02.42s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
    0m 02.42s: End check info.
    0m 02.42s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 02.44s: dvd2dvd:dvd2mobile:blu-ray2blu-ray:blu-ray2mobile:blu-ray23d:blu-ray2dvd:file2mobile:file2dvd:file2bluray:
    0m 02.52s: Config ExBar successful.
    0m 02.52s: dvd2dvd have 8 elements.
    0m 02.63s: dvd2mobile have 26 elements.
    0m 02.97s: blu-ray2blu-ray have 4 elements.
    0m 03.00s: blu-ray2mobile have 18 elements.
    0m 03.24s: blu-ray23d have 6 elements.
    0m 03.32s: blu-ray2dvd have 1 elements.
    0m 03.33s: file2mobile have 25 elements.
    0m 03.66s: file2dvd have 1 elements.
    0m 03.68s: file2bluray have 1 elements.
    0m 03.77s: Config work ui controls successful.
    0m 03.78s: Init burn engine successful.
    0m 04.03s: StartNotify successful.
    0m 04.03s: opening drive F

Update:

Running DVDFab 8 (latest download) under a VMWare virtual machine on the same imac allows me to see and copy the DVD from teh internal drive.
    This is definitely a problem with eh mac version of the software.

Comment

Originally posted by gazing_south View Post
      Update:

Running DVDFab 8 (latest download) under a VMWare virtual machine on the same imac allows me to see and copy the DVD from teh internal drive.
      This is definitely a problem with eh mac version of the software.
      Here is an issue I have.

I run DVDFab for mac with the internal dvd drive and an external dvd drive, both will detect when a dvd is inserted and runs fine.

I then plug in a USB bluray drive (samsung.) I start dvdfab, and it won't allow the internal drive or the USB dvd drive to detect when a disc is inserted, only the bluray drive works with the program.

Very weird bug in this software. I would love to help the developers understand what is going on so this can be fixed in future versions. My workaround right now is to leave the bluray drive unplugged from my computer unless I am coping an actual bluray.

Comment

This is exactly my problem - the workaround provided by Sunny was to remove the external BR player to use the internal drive - which I am now forced to do.

I have provided him details so they can research a fix as this doesn't happen with the windows version as far as I can tell.

Also - when you look in the drives dialog box under settings mine doesn't list any drive being available - he's passing this onto the dev team as well - you should be able to deselect the drive here to force DVDFab to use the internal drive.

Cheers
        GS

Comment

I do want to point out that I have been having this issue since well before the 8.1.9.0 release. I think drive detection has been wonky since the first non-beta release.

In general I like this program, but it has not been the most stable program, but it is the only option on the mac for bluray decryption that I know of.

Oh, and I have the same drive detection box (in the settings menu) that has always been blank, never has listed any drives. I just assumed that was junk left over from the windows port that is useless in OS X.
          Last edited by Richdmoore; 07-25-2012, 11:51 PM.

Comment

DVDFab can't open media

I do not even have an external drive and DVDFab can only open a few DVD's with the internal drive and it can not open any iso files on my internal drive. It stays stuck in scanning mode and it will not even let me cancel out of it.

I have to do a Force Shut to get it to close!

Comment

Working...
            X