DVDFab 8.1.9.8 Mountain Lion Install not signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation DVDFab 8.1.9.8 Mountain Lion Install not signed

NOTE: I would suggest this gets pinned to the top of the mac forum, or the override information be added to the FAQ for the mac version of DVDFAB.

Hello, a couple of days ago I installed the latest mac OSX: Mountain Lion (10.8). Upon trying to install the newest version of DVDFAB, I encountered an error due to the new GateKeeper functionality.

When trying to install, you get an error that says:

DVDFAB8198Mac.pkg can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

Solution:
    You have to override the gatekeeper functionality unless DVDFab chooses to register and start signing their applications. Here is the instructions to do that:

Go to your downloads folder.
    While holding the control key, click on the DVDFAB install package.
    Choose open from the popup menu.

Hope this helps someone else who encounters this.

Hi,
    You should select "Anywhere" option for "Allow applications downloaded from" in Security & Privacy.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Changing the security setting will allow even the malware to install without warning. In my opinion a better option is to leave the security control panel alone, and right (control) click and choose open only for this app. (Until dvdfab starts signing their releases.)

Comment

Working...
      X