Unable to use DVD FAB more than once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation Unable to use DVD FAB more than once

There was a similar issue to this elsewhere on the forum but it didn't appear resolved.

Using os Mountain Lion, DVD Fab stopped working, downloaded the latest version, it loads up just once and then stops working. I have to re-install it to get it to work again but each time it loads it loads just once and stops working.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem...

Comment

Well I've posted in here some 8 hours ago and still not gotten through pre-mod which considering I've purchased the software several times, my account is linked to me login and i've been a member a month and still i have to wait hours for a post to get through. Is this support?

Right, other problems i'm experiencing with this software version.

When loading the software taking care not to use an icon from the dock but to call it up from the applications folder *( as has been suggested elsewhere) the program loads but thats all it does, it does not look at either the iMac's own drive or the external dvd rom (samsung). I can't point to anywhere, in essence the program does nothing..

So given the program does nothing I then close it off which then forces the Mac to crash, lovely is that. At this point you think you're done....but not so because if I don't 'force quit' the program it wont allow me to remove the dvd's from either of the drives on the mac or external, even though it doesn't see them? Go figure.

It's not April 1st yet is it? To say I'm disappointed would be to understate the matter.

Comment

got dvdfab to install

This is second posting tonight but the first has not been approved yet. Anyway, I ended up UNinstalling DVDFab (I used AppZapper). I had already downloaded the lastest version of DVDFab 8207 Mac. I restarted mac in safe mode (restart holding down the shift key until you see the apple logo). In safe mode I could install the newest version and it would get me past that last part of the install where it wanted to go ahead and open the program before it was even installed completely. (maybe this is because in safe mode, you are not connected to the internet?????). Anyway, it did install. So I restarted again as normal and DVDFab seems to be working fine. Don't know what tomorrow will bring.
        Hope this helps someone, even if it may be a temporary fix.

Comment

+1

Originally posted by Jogon View Post
          Well I've posted in here some 8 hours ago and still not gotten through pre-mod which considering I've purchased the software several times, my account is linked to me login and i've been a member a month and still i have to wait hours for a post to get through. Is this support?

Right, other problems i'm experiencing with this software version.

When loading the software taking care not to use an icon from the dock but to call it up from the applications folder *( as has been suggested elsewhere) the program loads but thats all it does, it does not look at either the iMac's own drive or the external dvd rom (samsung). I can't point to anywhere, in essence the program does nothing..

So given the program does nothing I then close it off which then forces the Mac to crash, lovely is that. At this point you think you're done....but not so because if I don't 'force quit' the program it wont allow me to remove the dvd's from either of the drives on the mac or external, even though it doesn't see them? Go figure.

It's not April 1st yet is it? To say I'm disappointed would be to understate the matter.
          +1

Comment

Hi, all
            Please download the latest version 8208 and try again.

Thank you.
            User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
            For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
            For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
            For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by Ning View Post
              Hi, all

Thank you.
              I have and I can report ....zero change, it still does not recognise the source drive, still doesn't allow me to eject a disc, still does not run as it should.

In essence dvdfab copy is useless to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ning View Post
                Hi, all

Thank you.

Actually I'll add further to this, it still crashes when using it also.

Is there a refund option cos right now this programme is of no use nor ornament and i'd like to get on and find an alternative that does what it says on the tin.

Beta testing usually means you get something to work even if a little buggy, im a piad up subscriber and nothing works, go figure.

Comment

Hi Jogon,

Please post dvdfab_internal.log file, you can find the file in “Help –> Open Log Folder”.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
                  Fengtao
                  DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                  http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I share your frustration as I am have the same problems since updating to Mountain Lion over a month ago. I have three macs and DVDfab will not even try to read a blu-ray disc on any of them, even though they mount in Finder and are recognized in other applications. I submitted my first post here on Aug 10 describing the problem and with every release I hope the problem is fixed but no change. And yes, after quitting DVDfab it crashes every time. I even trying two different blu-ray drives. I also did a clean install on one machine out of desperation and it still doesnʻt work. So, three computers, two drives, Mountain Lion, DVDfab broken.

Comment

Hi haole
                      Why not post your Internal log like the developer requested from the other member!!!
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

dvdfab_internal.log

Attached Files
                        Last edited by CBR929; 09-01-2012, 03:45 AM. Reason: Fixed log

Comment

Originally posted by haole View Post
                          I share your frustration as I am have the same problems since updating to Mountain Lion over a month ago. I have three macs and DVDfab will not even try to read a blu-ray disc on any of them, even though they mount in Finder and are recognized in other applications. I submitted my first post here on Aug 10 describing the problem and with every release I hope the problem is fixed but no change. And yes, after quitting DVDfab it crashes every time. I even trying two different blu-ray drives. I also did a clean install on one machine out of desperation and it still doesnʻt work. So, three computers, two drives, Mountain Lion, DVDfab broken.
                          Same here. It works using a saved 10.6.8 drive I have, but is also buggy. Cinavia protected disk option is missing, and program locks up occasionally even on non CInavia disks, which I never had before. Frustration +++ as this is more a beta than final version IMO.

Comment

doesnt seem to detect the BD drive

This is so frustrating. I can get all my BD to work using bootcamp but in MacOS 10.8.1 the drive is not recognised. I have reinstalled Fab multiple times, restarted, deleted the Fab preferences.

In the preferences I can not see the BD drive listed either.

When I drag the mounted BD onto Fab is seems to start accessing the drive but it just doesn't load even after a very long wait.

What gives - any suggestions most welcome.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X