Issues with scanning / copying with 2 drives / v8.2.1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy Issues with scanning / copying with 2 drives / v8.2.1.3

I'd like to report a bug that has been plaguing me for a while now. This started several versions back and before Mountain Lion. I have my internal Optiarc dvdrwad-5690H drive in my iMac and an external Buffalo HL-DT-ST-BD-REBH10NS38 drive.

When I have a source disc inserted into the internal drive and then launch DVDFab, it shows "Scanning media, please wait..." and does nothing. The pop-up dialog doesn't even come up to show that it is scanning. If I go to manually select the disc at this point, again, nothing happens. I quit the application and it crashes. If I take the source disc out before launching the app, it won't eject and I have to use Disk Utility to force it out.

I then keep the disc out and launch DVDFab, and then put the disc back in, nothing happens. It doesn't scan it. So I go back and and manually pull up the disc and it starts to scan it. The next piece is that I want to burn it to my external drive with no disc in it, but the application looks for the drive and then crashes.

I have attached the logs that were updated during my attempts.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
Working...
X