DVD ripper not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD/BD Ripper DVD ripper not working

Just purchased a new DVD ripper license for my Mac a few days ago, and while the demo did produce a sample rip movie, the registered version doesn't. I usually get a 10K avi container file and the process ends "successfully" within a few seconds. Other times it manages to rip a few seconds from the beginning of the movie, then ends "successfully". I tried most profiles available but to no avail, what on earth am I doing wrong? And the DVD's I'm trying to rip are children's cartoons for goodness sake, not some super-locked hollywood production. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

Please post your log file to get more help!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Certainly, here you go.

Last night I was able to rip a movie after complete re-install of DVDfab but the next DVD took a whopping 6 hour break on 0,07% so I cancelled it a few minutes ago.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I've tried to ripper AVI with some DVDs with 8224, but not reproduce your issue.
        Plesae update to the latset build 8224 and have a try!
        Delete DVDFab.app in /Applications, delete DVDFab folder in /User/User name/Documents/DVDFab, then install DVDFab.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
        Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-14-2012, 04:14 AM.
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

I am also having problems with the DVD Ripper stopping during the process with no error indication. It seems that the software verison 8.1.3.8 was the one that I could use the DVD Ripper to successfully rip the movie for my iphone.

The steps I would take is as follows:
          1.Use the most current version to copy DVD to my hard drive
          2. Use version 8.1.3.8 to rip the DVD file

For some reason today, the older version stopped before completing and I am stuck on what to do.

Please advise
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi aescott
            Please make sure you are using the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=20029
            Hope this helps
            CBR929

Also make sure that you disable Cuda and set everything to software.
            To do this Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
            Last edited by CBR929; 12-20-2012, 04:20 AM. Reason: Added text
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I did all the above but still I can't rip those DVD's. Erased the app and the app folder, installed 8.2.2.5, activated it, checked all settings, restarted it and then I tried to rip Open Season 2.

At first, it went all the way to about 58%, then jumped to 100%, displayed a success message and the movie was actually left half-ripped.

So, I deleted the half-ripped avi file and tried again for several times. Most of the times it's sticking to reading the DVD and it's reading if forever. Some other times, when it manages to read it, it starts the ripping process and about 20 seconds later it jumps from 0% to 100% and displays a success message. It seems that only the first time it managed to start the conversion and then something broke.

I have no idea what on earth may be wrong but this thing definitely doesn't work as it should.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi, beerallica

39m 22.38s: info: create config(0)
                39m 22.38s: info: convert profile(generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy)
                39m 22.38s: info: dvd playlist(1),angle(0),chapter(1->28),3D(0)
                39m 22.38s: info: streams((480.2)(129.1))
                39m 22.40s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
                39m 41.98s:

------ finish mobile work ------
                It finsihed after 19s when ripper.
                I've noticed that you are ripper from disc VIDEO_TS folder as source manually. I've reproduced the issue when using the VIDEO_TS folder as source. But it's OK when ripper from real disc.

Why cancel the process when opening the disc and then open the Video_TS folder as source manually?
                Please wait DVDFab to open the DVD disc source and ripper again, don't open the VIDEO_TS folder manually.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
                Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-25-2012, 02:56 AM.

Thanks!

Comment

DVD Ripper not working on MAC

So I have been a long time user on Windows, I can't remember how many years. Anyway, all MACs now and bought DVD Ripper last night and it doesn't work. It hangs and if I can get it to start it the encoding speed just slows down to nothing, percent complete locks up at 0.15% and task time left was saying 16 plus hours. I don't even hear my DVD drive spinning, hope I didn't just blow $50+. Help or ideas anyone? Thanks

Comment

By the way, my CPU Load is running fully loaded while it is sitting there "doing nothing" so it is using the system resources, just not sure what it is doing with them? Hope someone can answer this, thanks

Comment

Hi kuduboet
                      Please post your internal log.
                      Thanks

@ beerallica
                      Please check to make sure your registered correctly, logs show your not registered.
                      Hope this helps
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Well it did something after a reboot and got to 54 minutes through it and then the video went all pixelated and it puked out. I am trying it one more time and will see what happens, and if not successful, I will post the logs. Thanks

Comment

Okay the movie that is giving me trouble is Jeff Dunham Minding the Monsters, hopefully the attached logs will tell you something. Thanks

It won't let me upload the burn log it always fails, hopefully the other 2 tell you something, thanks

Comment

Here are the logs it will let me post
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by CBR929; 12-30-2012, 08:15 PM. Reason: fixed internal log

Comment

Hi kuduboet
                              Sorry I can't be more helpful I am a windows user.
                              Maybe try one of the other Apple profiles, like Ipad or even copying the movie to your Hdd first, then viewing it to make sure it is complete, then use the ripper function to see if you have the same result.
                              CBR929

Comment

Working...
                              X