External DVD Drive not Recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Copy External DVD Drive not Recognized

I can't seem to select this drive from the "Source" drop down.

1) I'm using a new Mac Mini w/ Mountain Lion
    2) Version 8.2.2.2
    3) External DVD Drive is PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A. This drive works find with DVDFab on windows XP

What seems strange is that no drives show up in the settings page. See the attachments.

thx.

- Devon
    Attached Files

I think some of the mac guy worked around this by putting a disc in the internal drive, just any disk.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

re: put disk into internal drive ?

Thanks for the suggestion - but the Mac Mini doesn't have any internal drive.

Other suggestions from the development team? The external drive works find as a DVD player. I can put it DVD into the player and it plays just fine with the built-in SW DVD player.

- Devon

Comment

Please post dvdfab_internal.log, thanks.
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

log file

I put in a DVD and waited for the drive to be mounted, then I started DVDFab.

Here is the log.

thx

- Devon

P.S. It seems like if I try to copy just the main movie, I can't get a list of all the chapters unless I disable PlayerPath...and if I do, nothing copies
          Attached Files
          Last edited by CBR929; 12-03-2012, 02:52 AM. Reason: Fixed log

Comment

Hi, woleebear

From the screenshot in #1, the disc is not a data disc, not a standard DVD-Video disc.
            For the data disc source, only could be used in DVD Copy -> Clone.

Please put into a standard DVD-Video disc in your driver and have a try.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

New DVD Drive For Christmas

Thanks for the reply. It is a standard video DVD. It plays just fine on the MAC. The Mac recognizes the drive and can play the DVDs. DVDFab doesn't recognize the drive.

I have given up...I have been using this drive with DVDFab for Windows for years.

I was given a Blu-Ray DVD drive for Christmas. It is LG BE14NU40. I have no affiliation with LG, but drive is recognized by DVDFab.

Now, I am having issues ripping Blu-Ray discs, but that is a separate thread.

Comment

Suggestions

Wolebear;

Did you try to pull the "Source" and "Target" down menu's to see if the drive shows up there? I have a Mac mini and it is connected to an external LG Blueray burner via Firewire (FW400). No issues here identifying the drive. If the suspect drive works on the PC side, then it could be the DVDfab software needs to be deleted then reloaded on the Mac or it could be the way the drive is connected to the mac (USB versus Firewire)

Comment

Working...
                X