v9 for Mac Beta Error=102

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v9 for Mac Beta Error=102

Have ripped/copied several BDs and DVDs with this version now. Here is what I have found: first when performing a full disc copies of dvds the discs all processed successfully; however, the program always quits unexpectedly when clicking the finish button.

Full disc copies of BDs for the most part processed successfully and the program did not quit unexpectedly when clicking the finish button. One disc keeps failing with an Error 102. The disc, War Horse, plays fine on a PS3 and it will rip with PC DVDFab v9. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Internal and process logs attached.

Running a MacPro 3,1 Quad Core with system 10.7.5, and LG Blu-ray reader/writer WH12LS39
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CBR929; 03-15-2013, 01:59 AM. Reason: Fixed internal log

Hi machead
    Error 102 usually means a dirty, scratched, or defective disc, please clean the disc and try again.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hey CBR929, Thanks for the quick comeback! Yes I have seen other forum posts stating this about error 102; however, this error can also be caused by a new and/or different copy protection scheme too. Here's the thing, if the disc is dirty or damaged you would think it should show up during playback on the PS3. (it plays just fine on the PS3) So I don't believe that it is a media problem. I have also cleaned the laser lens on the drive. (no difference)

Alternatively, and I have seen this with DVDFab on prior occasions, the PC version of the software will rip the same disc successfully. Running DVDFab for PC under Parallels, I have gotten the disc to copy/rip just fine. So it would seem that the problem is not a new copy protection scheme but may be in the hardware/osx handshake on the mac side, a problem with the mac version of DVDFab, or a firmware problem with the drive. Since I have successfully ripped/copied many BDs and DVDs on the mac side, I'm going to rule out a OSX handshake/hardware problem.

I have had this experience now with both V8.2.2.6 and v9.0.2.9. I'm not a programmer but I suspect that when DVDFab initializes on a PC it is somehow different than on the mac. (Fengtao would know more about that) This may account for the unexpected quits (not sure) when clicking the finish button. This could also be some esoteric setting too.

Otherwise, I think this is a great update. I love seeing a higher version number than for the PC. (if you are an avid mac user you understand this feeling) :-)

Thanks again, if you can think of anything else I would greatly appreciate it. I'm still trying to figure this out.

machead

Comment

The fact it plays on a player is completely meaningless when it comes to making a backup copy. You would be well advised to listen to the advice of CBR929.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

OK, I cleaned the disc. It copied "full disc" successfully with DVDFab for PC under Parallels emulation. (using HD Decrypter) When I tried to copy with DVDFab for mac v9.0.2.9 I still get error 102. It would seem that this is not a simple disc read error as error 102 usually indicates. I also do not believe that there is anything unusual or special about the War Horse BD that would make it difficult to rip compared to others.

Another note: In the settings panel under the drives tab the PC version lists my BD Drive and the DVDFab Virtual Drive whereas the mac version does not list anything. I have no idea if this is useful information or not; however, it does serve to point out that there are some differences in how the software is performing with identical hardware under two different operating systems.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Hi machead
            I have no way of testing this as I'm a PC...
            As far as your drive not showing up, it should, maybe as you say the 102 error may be more than just read errors.
            CBR929
            EDIT Post your internal log files with the free HD decrypter so that maybe someone from the Fab team may check this if they see this thread.
            Thanks
            Last edited by CBR929; 03-16-2013, 02:05 AM. Reason: Edit
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

This is just a follow up to CBR929's last post.

I have upgraded my PC software to version 9.0.3.0 which is running under Windows 7 in a Parallels 8.0.18354 virtual box. I have an LG Blu-ray Reader/Writer WH12LS39. Using this configuration and HD Decrypter I successfully copied, full Disc, War Horse Blu-ray disc. DVDFab internal Log file is attached.

I then attempted to copy the same disc with DVDFab 9.0.2.9 under Mac OSX 10.7.5 and the same Blu-ray drive. I have an all-in-one life time license for the mac so the program used Blu-ray Copy. This disc failed with error=102 at 0.06% completion. Log file is attached.

I'm hoping that one of the program developers/architects can shed some light on this; however, anyones thoughts are welcome because this has happened to me at least a few times.

//machead
              Attached Files

Comment

addendum

I just upgraded to DVDFab 9.0.3.1 and tried to copy War Horse again. Same result Task failed with Error=102.

Comment

Working...
                X