Blu Ray How to on a Mac with DVD FAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Copy Blu Ray How to on a Mac with DVD FAB

I have a life time subscription to a few of the dvd fab products. The one I am trying to figure out now is the Bluray copy. I just purchased a Asus SBC06D2XU Bluray Drive. This is supposed to be Mac compatible. However when I put the disc in neither the computer or the dvd fab program seems to realize this. I am not interested in playing the Blurays, but backing mine up to my external hard drive so i can watch through my apple tv.

I am certain that I am missing something here, however I cannot seem to figure it out. Can someone please assist me in this ?

Thanks.. Brian

If your computer is not seeing the disc then I would say that is your obvious starting point. I assume this is an external USB drive. Did it have any support software?

Comment

The only software was for the windows os, however it states it natively works on MAC os X out of the box.

Perhaps it is a dud ?

Brian

Comment

What the Mac OSX? I just bought a macbook pro and am still kicking myself. For something that is supposed to be so bloody user friendly and rock solid, I have had grief at every turn. I alleviated much of my frustrstion by installing win 7 via bootcamp so now when Mac won't play the game I just switch over to windows.
        But enough of that. With regard to your problem I did a little research on your player yesterday and you are not the first to have issues getting it to work with a Mac. You could try googling your model and see what suggestions others have to offer. If possible I would try your player on a windows machine and see if it runs then at least you will know if its hardware or a Mac problem. My money would be on the Mac issue. I think from memory when I searched your model on Google yesterday some guy mentioned some software that came from Asus that he had to install to get it running. if I get a chance I will have a closer look today....your problem interests me as I have been toying with a USB drive myself.
        I just remembered ther was a mention that the player had to be connected to two USB ports at once. Have you done that. I assume there is too much power drain for one port only.

Comment

Yes I tried using both the usb ports.

I returned it to memory express, they tested it on a windows machine and it worked right away. I then called a local apple computer store (not a actual apple store) and they ordered me one that they say works well. As well it will include drivers and software that the asus didnt include or offer.

I suspect this has more to do with the mac mini i am using having only usb 3.0 ports and no 2.xx ports. Sounds dumb, but i have seen other products that fail when they are plugged into a usb 3 port.

Ill update you when the new drive arrives. Thanks for the ideas and suggestions.

Brian

Comment

Another snotty Mac issue hey. They just don't want to play with the other kids do they. Like I say still kicking myself.

Comment

Working...
            X