Artwork Tab is Grayed Out in iTunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artwork Tab is Grayed Out in iTunes

I've been using the older version 8.XX DVDFab Ripper on my Mac to encode DVDs for use in iTunes and my iPad. I've never had any trouble.

I updated to the version 9 today and encoded my first DVD only to find out that the "Artwork" tab in iTunes for the newly encoded file is grayed out and I cannot access it to add a movie poster.

I played with the settings and tried re-encoding the DVD several times with the same results.

I uninstalled version 9 and reinstalled version 8. Ripping the DVD in version 8 works perfectly fine, the "artwork" tab is clickable and I can add a movie poster.

Is there a trick to getting the file to work correctly in version 9? Or is this a bug in the encoding? I'm using what I believe to be the exact same settings in both versions but only 8 generates a file with a usable artwork tab in iTunes.

Do you add the file in iTunes then right click on it and select "get info" to get to the artwork tab on a mac? I'm a PC and that's how I do it.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, it operates nearly the same on Mac. Right click -> Get Info. Then in the info window the artwork tab is grayed out and inaccessible when encoded with version 9, but is live and usable when encoded with 8.

Comment

As your using mac why don't you use IVI App

Drop film in it gets all meta data and artwork click save and then drop in iTunes easy all done

But that's just the way I do it also I haven't upgraded to 9 yet as there seems to be a few bugs but I'm sure they will fix it

Comment

I don't really see a need to get or buy another program to do something that is fairly simple to do myself. DVDFab 8.X is working perfectly fine for me and I'll keep using it.

I was just wondering what changed in 9 that is preventing artwork from being added, or if this is a bug. The more I read, the more I'm inclined to believe it is either a bug in DVDFab 9 or a file conflict in iTunes.

Either way I can just keep using 8, it works perfectly fine.

Comment

Sure you can use V8 and if you run on to a movie like Jack Reacher that V8 won't decrypt just use V9 to rip to the HDD and then use V8 on it until they get the mac version sorted. The PC version works so it's mac specific.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I had this problem but I found a way round it. If you select a movie that already has artwork at the same time as a "greyed out" movie this will allow you to change the artwork for both files.

Of course the other movie will then have the wrong artwork but it's easy enough to change it back. From this point on you should be able to change the artwork for both files with no problems.

I have no idea why this works or what the problem is but it works for me.

Regards.

Bleu

Comment

Working...
              X