Wants to output to A drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wants to output to A drive

Downloaded DVD Fab 9.0.4.9 ( I own DVD Fab for PC and had tried DVD Fab 8 for Mac) and when I put a disk in it read it fine but when you hit start it was looking for the media in Drive A, which there is no drive A on Mac. It showed the proper Drive for output in the lower window (copy to) but when you try and copy it doesn't find the drive.

If you go to settings and Drives it doesn't actually show any drives at all. I tried the old version 8 (which I like much more ) for the Mac and it worked great. Don't know why they changed but the new version just doesn't work for me.

Tried Blu Ray with external Drive and it doesn't recognize the external BD drive for copying either

Any help on why it doesn't recognized the internal drive to burn the DVD to?

Originally posted by cayman08 View Post
    Downloaded DVD Fab 9.0.4.9 ( I own DVD Fab for PC and had tried DVD Fab 8 for Mac) and when I put a disk in it read it fine but when you hit start it was looking for the media in Drive A, which there is no drive A on Mac. It showed the proper Drive for output in the lower window (copy to) but when you try and copy it doesn't find the drive.

If you go to settings and Drives it doesn't actually show any drives at all. I tried the old version 8 (which I like much more ) for the Mac and it worked great. Don't know why they changed but the new version just doesn't work for me.

Tried Blu Ray with external Drive and it doesn't recognize the external BD drive for copying either

Any help on why it doesn't recognized the internal drive to burn the DVD to?
    I have just downloaded the upgrade 9.0.4.9 for Mac and have exactly the same issue. Put in my original dvd, select main movie and it then hangs trying to "detecting writeable media in drive A". Anyone know what I can do please?

Comment

I reported this before

I reported this behavior over 10 days ago. Is DVDFab working on a solution; haven't seen anything from them.

Comment

reverted to version 8

In order to check if the problem was the DVD or my drive or my OS or something to do with me or my system etc I uninstalled 9.0.4.9 and reverted to version 8.2.26 and the problem went away - it recognized my drive as it has always done. Version 9.0.4.9 must have a bug in it.

Comment

Ive been using dvdfab on my mac for some time now.
          I have both, 8 and 9 version installed.

Almost every time I try version 9, I end up using version 8 again.
          It seems there is a configuration management problem.
          In version 9 you get most problems that had already been solved in version 8.

Version 9 really looks good, but looks are only skin deep.

quirlo

Comment

see here ...

but nothing happend since post ...
            no bugfix in 9.0.4.9

... dvdfab needs to disable internal dvd-drive for work on BluRay-Disks ...

regards
            best regards

freezbee

Comment

Who are these people?

I'm beginning to wonder if the people working on the Mac product, understand the Mac or did they just grab some Windows developers, hand them a manual and hope for the best. The product seems to indicate the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by freezbee View Post
                see here ...

but nothing happend since post ...
                no bugfix in 9.0.4.9

... dvdfab needs to disable internal dvd-drive for work on BluRay-Disks ...

regards
                soor forgot link: see here
                best regards

freezbee

Comment

Working...
                X