Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu ray lag, please help

Hi everyone,

I recently started using dvdfab on my MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012, and I have hit an issue.

I have an external blu ray drive I use with dvdfab to copy blu ray movies to an external 2tb HDD. Once this is done I then connect my MacBook Pro to my samsung 40" 3d tv with thunderbolt to hdmi cable and play the films on the dvdfab media player for Mac.

The sound and picture is fine however I am noticing I am getting very slight lag in places, mainly noticeable when the camera is panning down a building or on a moving vehicle. If I pause or go back the lag happens in different places so can't be an issue with the copy file. When I play the Blu-ray Disc in my ps3 there is no lag so there is an issue in my set up somewhere, any ideas?

Note: I have read that my MacBook Pro has an intel graphics hd 4000 card and that the settings on this cannot be changed and this may be my issue because the TV is having problems determining the actual video's frame rate when the graphics card is operating at some other rate. For example, if the graphics card is set to 60 Hz and you play a 24 Hz video some frames are sent to the TV twice, some three times. The TV then has to figure out which frames are duplicates and discard them before performing its motion interpolation. Basically, it's too much work for the TV so it falls behind in its processing.

Sorry forgot to mention that the lag is in the picture only, the sound is fine.

Comment

Working...
    X