DVDFab Media Player Loads Disc But Won't Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Media Player Loads Disc But Won't Play

I've recently bought a new MacBook Air. I've installed the latest OS 10.9 and the latest version of DVDFab Media Player. The disc appears on the desktop as normal and loads as normal but after it loads there is just a black screen. I am then forced to "force quit" Media Player.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is? Is it the MacBook Air or the software? I've checked the drive and disc - Mad Men Season 6 - both are fine and working with no problems on my PC.

Regards,

Bleu

Just thought I would post an update. I found a fee Blu-ray player that plays the disc just fine so it must be DVDFab Media Player. I'm sorry I can't give any more information as to why it won't play using DVDFab MP.

Comment

How are you running the Windows version on your mac? Parallels or what?
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        How are you running the Windows version on your mac? Parallels or what?
        Sorry for any confusion I caused by not be clear. My Windows machine is a PC and not a Mac. The Blu-ray drive is external so I was able to check the disc and drive in Windows.

I don't own the Windows version of DVDFab as I have Other Software on the Windows machine so VLC plays Blu-rays just fine.

On the Mac I found another program that will play the disc in question fine. So the problem must be with DVDFab Media Player for Mac.

DVDFab Media Player for Mac will play DVDs just not any Blu-ray I've tried. I don't know if this is because of the new OS or because I updated my DVDFab Media Player.
        Last edited by 90312; 11-12-2013, 12:27 AM. Reason: Forum rules

Comment

Working...
        X