Mac 10.9.1 DVDFab Isn't Reading Can't Rip but MakeMKV Works Fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac 10.9.1 DVDFab Isn't Reading Can't Rip but MakeMKV Works Fine

Open Volume spins forever and won't load any disc from my external blu-ray rom drive... even after waiting over 30 mins it still spins the blue reading/loading bar. This is completely bogus given a FREE tool - MakeMKV has absolutely no problem reading and ripping Blu-ray and DVD discs. If the techs can't get this resolved I want my money back. I have emailed customer support two business days ago and have not received a reply. This is unacceptable!

Please post your dvdfab_internal log, the default location is:
    For Mac: /User/User name/Documents/DVDFab/Log
    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by geilee View Post
      Thanks!
      I am having exactly the same problem. rip/Copy doesn't matter what option selected - the Load Disk just sits there and sits there. Similarly to original poster other programs (pavtube and MakeMKV have no problem at all).

I also completely removed DVD fab - reinstalled and same problem
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!
        internal log is attached below.
        Attached Files

Comment

I also hope your team knows that Apple OS file system now shows/treats avchd content as a "package" - (whereas NTFS system formatting will show correct pathing). So on a Mac.... the BDMV is a package - not a folder or directory structure. I am not saying that your team doesn't know this... I'm just saying if they weren't aware this could be the source of the problem where the Volume doesn't read properly.

By the way in addition to the FREE software MakeMKV works just fine as well... so this is totally "on you" DVDFab and your team's software.
          Last edited by CBR929; 01-20-2014, 10:00 PM. Reason: Forum rules

Comment

Hi Pec0sbill
            I have edited your post, please do not post other software, this is a DVD Fab forum.
            Thanks
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

The fact that TWO other pieces of software which can be used to rip blurays or 3d blurays and work absolutely without problem is relevant to the conversation and my issue. I tried your 9.2.3 "beta" it crashes on Volume reads, you still can't keep the checkbox for doing an auto-play read option checked (it does not retain the option after it is checked after the user (me) clicks "OK". If I open the settings again - that option remains unchecked. The only way to open the volume is through the "add" button, and the same problem exists - your reading volume progress bar spins and spins and my drive light goes crazy but your application goes no further and can't get beyond the spinning progress bar. The latest "beta" also created the "working" (spinning ball icon change on the mac mouse cursor) and when I checked doing a Apple symbol/Force Quit... the finder reported DVDFab had "stopped responding". I have asked for a refund from your customer service team as it is obvious there is a major development problem with your software if two other independent software developer's software works (both of which cost considerably less than your software) without issue on the same Mac OS and hardware platform I keep trying to run your software on.

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              Hi Pec0sbill
              I have edited your post, please do not post other software, this is a DVD Fab forum.
              Thanks
              CBR929

Comment

Hi,
                Please follow the steps below to try:
                1. Delete DVDFab9.app in /Applications/
                2. Delete DVDFab folder in /Documents/
                3. Delete fabio.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/
                4. Empty Trash
                5. Restart machine
                6. Download v9.1.2.3 and install it, please wait for DVDFab automatic loading the disc,don't open the disc folder manually

If still have same problem, please tell us the result and post the logs.

Thanks very much!
                Last edited by geilee; 01-21-2014, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                  Please follow the steps below to try:
                  1. Delete DVDFab9.app in /Applications/
                  2. Delete DVDFab folder in /Documents/
                  3. Delete fabio.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/
                  4. Empty Trash
                  5. Restart machine
                  6. Download v9.1.2.3 and install it, please wait for DVDFab automatic loading the disc,don't open the disc folder manually

If still have same problem, please tell us the result and post the logs.

Thanks very much!
                  Followed the steps exactly - tried again and Same problem - does not load disc.

Attached log again ....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just so you know Pec0sbill, I am not employed or affiliated with DVD Fab in anyway. I'm a member just like you who helps others with problems, I receive no pay but, volunteer my free time to help others.
                    Now that you know that, maybe after your suspension by one of my other moderators you will tone it down a bit, if not I can make it permanent.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X