9.1.2.5 Not Loading disks on external drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.1.2.5 Not Loading disks on external drive

Since the update to 9.1.2.5 have not been able to load bluray from external drive. Tried clearing the app, doc, and system extension files -- emptied trash -- restart and reload. Also, tried to backup to prior 9.1.2.3 but didn't work either. I believe the last version that worked correctly was 9.1.2.0. I have attached the dvdfab internal log file.

Let me know what else I can do.
    Attached Files

> 7m 22.01s: failed to set region for the new drive

It seems to be a new drive, please play an original disc with dvd player at first to set region.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

This wasn't a new drive have been using it since early version 8 but, get this -- tried the above and could not get the drive to even play a standard dvd (FYI, I played a standard dvd before I opened this thread). So new assumption hardware issue.

Things I did not try but should have prior to opening this thread:

1. Moved the drive to a windows box -- functioned properly.
      2. Tried it on another mac -- functioned properly.
      3. Tried another bluray drive -- no joy.
      4. Reattached it to the original mac -- no joy.

Finally, after many hours of going through log, error, and configuration files and not finding anything that would help -- I accidentally switched the usb cable that was attached to the original mac and lo and behold…success it worked.

So, for anyone reading this thread start with easy stuff and check and double check cables and if possible attach to other systems. I checked somethings but definitely should have done a better job checking the hardware.

Thanks fengtao - sorry for wasting your time.

Comment

Working...
      X