Freezes after uptate to 2.1.2.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezes after uptate to 2.1.2.5

After updating to 2.1.2.5 DVDFab just freezes after the dialog box asking me to by or activate or test the program. After the freeze system temperature increases and i had to kill the task.

I try to reinstall even the last beta (2.1.2.3) but no change.
    Also uninstalled and reinstalled baut always the same.

Any idea what else I could do?

Markus
    Attached Files

I am having the same problem and it happens, of course, when I REALLY need to use it!

Comment

Bluray ripper non functional need help please

I have been having nothing but problems with DVD fab and trying to rip blurays. I have been working with support and unfortunately we are no closer to a resolution.

I have a 2013 mac mini, I7 processor and 16 gb of ram. I am using a firewire external Lacie D2 bluray xl drive and PRIOR to mavericks I was able to have DVD fab work for me. When I enter a new disc dvd fab isnt auto loading it to begin the process. When I click the + and point to the Bluray it will try to load forever. Is anyone else using the Lacie bluray drive with success ?

This is not just from 1 bluray, it is any bluray I try to use. From old title like home alone to the green lantern. I can play the Blurays just fine on the computer as a movie so I know the drive is functioning fine. Just DVD fab that is not seeming to want to get past the initial loading.

Thanks.. Brian
      Last edited by bburwell; 01-30-2014, 10:56 PM. Reason: wrong link

Comment

possible solution

I went digging and found an old usb cable and plugged that in rather than the firewire. Now it loads properly, and I am trying to rip my 1st bluray since mavericks. Fingers crossed. Certainly doing more at this point than it has ever done since mavericks. Not sure why DVD fab isnt liking firewire but at least I think I got it.. Will keep you posted.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by fipi View Post
          After updating to 2.1.2.5 DVDFab just freezes after the dialog box asking me to by or activate or test the program. After the freeze system temperature increases and i had to kill the task.

I try to reinstall even the last beta (2.1.2.3) but no change.
          Also uninstalled and reinstalled baut always the same.
          I am also having the same problem, and support has not been able to help.

I use an external LaCie Blu-Ray connected via USB. It's worked through numerous beta and release versions of DVDFab on my Mac.

Imac, i7.

Comment

Ok bad news...

I am using an mac mini i7 16GB running 10.9.1
            It worked well until the last update to 2.1.2.5

Nevertheless I had other issues with DVDFab and Mavericks before (queue was not finished, did not rip full movie etc...)
            I've got the impression, that OSX is not the focus of the developer.

Markus

Comment

The issue I am facing has nothing to do with Blu-Ray or anything else... it occurs even when there is no drive hooked up and I never get to the point to use the program in any way. It is stuck at "try, buy, activate"

Comment

exactly, whatever I tried, with or without burner, fresh installed or not,...
                it just freezes at "try, buy, activate"

Comment

Mac Freezing as well after so-called upgrade

Hello,

I found out about this issue AFTER I downloaded the latest and greatest. The funny (not laughing) thing is this update said it was to address locking issues. Well, it seems to be locking better then ever !!

Please fix.

Comment

I am still waiting for a fix for this. Ugh - I hope they test future versions before shipping them.

Comment

It would als be nice if somebody from the DVDFab team would comment on that issue.

Comment

New to this software but it came highly recommended.

Same issue for me re the freezing and having to force quit since installing the update. After repeated efforts to get it to rip it eventually went a little further through the process on each attempt to rip a VOB file. Did eventually rip the file but took about 8 attempts and restarts. Using a new mac mini.

Update is unstable on my machine rendering the software almost unusable. Would hope this is sorted out as a matter of urgency. Had no problems with the previous version apart from one or two failures to want to shut down and had to force quit.

Comment

Upgraded to new beta 9.1.2.6 - no success, still freezes immediately after program start showing the buy/activate/test dialog

Comment

Got the new beta up and running!
                            This is what I did: deinstallation of DVDFab with CleanMyMac2, reboot, beta install, reboot, open DVDFab

Comment

Originally posted by fipi View Post
                              Upgraded to new beta 9.1.2.6 - no success, still freezes immediately after program start showing the buy/activate/test dialog
                              Same here! UGH - I'm no going on two weeks with no access to DVDFab after paying a lifetime license fee.

How do we get the devs to pay attention to this?

Comment

Working...
                              X