Blu Ray does not open...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray does not open...

I am a Mac Newie but use DVDFAB for years via Win. My infrastructure consists of an iMAC 2013 model, Maverick latest version, DVDFab 9.1.3.3, Blu Ray external drive Samsung Se-506BB.

I open DVDFab normally (doesn#T matter if I choose copy or ripping) and insert a Blu Ray into the drive (doesn't matter which one). When I drag the bD icon from the desktop to DVDFab it starts to read.....for minutes---nothing happens....!
    It's irritating, too, that in the preferences I see under drives only an empty line (just an A on the right side) and a hook in front of it.....can it be that the drive is not fully recognized?

The drive works fine with MaGo player under OSX.

Update: I changed the blu ray writer to an Asus SC-06D2X-U but same effect. Then I inserted a DVD and in seconds DVDFab recognizes it...so only blu ray problem.

Same equipment and instead of Mavericks Win 8.1 via parallels VPN everything works with DVDFAB for windows.

Maybe silly question but do I have to make some special preparations on Mac for Blu Ray? As i wrote yesterday: Mac Go Blu ray player works perfectly....

Thanks for any ideas!

Comment

Hi, please click upper left corner "File" > "Open Log Folder", and post your internal log here, thanks.
      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

here it is....I anonymized serial number in the log, hope this is ok
        Attached Files

Comment

sorry, here the right one....the one I send before was just with DVD
          Attached Files

Comment

one additional information: when I check the log, i see always

DriveX msg: Init driveX A with I/O mode: 0
            0m 04.02s: opening drive A
            0m 04.02s: failed to open /dev/rdisk0
            0m 04.02s: DriveX msg: media open(false) failed in driveX A.
            0m 08.13s: Source manager: drag file /Volumes/DISC1/

if I use the console command 'mount' I see no /dev/rdisk0 but the blu ray drive at:

/dev/disk9 on /Volumes/DISC1 (udf, local, nodev, nosuid, read-only, no owners)

Can this be the problem?

Comment

Nobody any idea? I checked it now with 3 different drives: Asus, Samsung and LG - always same effect. An interesting thing was, that when I first attached the usb3 cable of the LG, the drive was correctly recognized by DVDFab, no errors in the log, fully operational. Due to the fact, that this drive was just borrowed, I reattached the Samsung - nothing worked, reattached the LG - wasn't recognized any more......

Do I make a mistake, do I have to do some setup work, which I am not aware of? Any advice is warmly welcomed!

Comment

Hi,

Please follow these steps and try again:
                1. Delete /System/Library/Extensions/fabio.kext.
                2. Delete the config file in /User/User name/Documents/DVDFab
                3. Delete DVDFab 9.app and BluFab 9.app.
                4. Empty the Recycle Bin and restart mac.
                5. Install DVDFab V9140 and try again.

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Wilson,

I did as you recommended. Only problem is, that there is no fabio.kext in the extension folder. Can this be the problem?
                  I deleted the app(s), emptied the bin and installed the 9.1.4.0 but still the same problem.....and there is still no fabio.kext in the extension folder visible........

Regards, SMY

Comment

Install fabio.kext manually

I'm not sure that your issue is caused by fabio.kext, but dvdfab will not read DVD & Blu-ray disc automatically if not have the fabio.kext.

1. Please re-install DVDFab v9140 and seed me the system log file. Need to check the install issue of fabio.kext.
                    Find it "Utilities -> Console -> All messages".

2. If still could not read Blu-ray disc and fabio.kext is not installed. Please install fabio.kext manually follow this.

Copy fabio.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

Open Termial and run the command one by one.

sudo find /System/Library/Extensions/fabio.kext -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
                    sudo find /System/Library/Extensions/fabio.kext -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
                    sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/fabio.kext
                    sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/fabio.kext
                    3. Open DVDFab and see the result.

NOTE: You need to run the command again after restarting mac machine. The issue is checking.

Please tell me the result. And please post the new log file if still have problem after installing fabio.kext manually.

Wilson
                    Attached Files
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Sorry Wilson I made a mistake: in the drive system there is directly under the root directory a folder called library/extensions where no fabio.kext is there. But also in the root of the drive system there is a folder called system with library/extension....and there is fabio.kext.

But also with deleting this and all the other activities in your first comment, there is still the old problem.

Via PM i will send you the log

Comment

Hi,
                        with the manual installation of fabio.kext, but also when install the new beta of 9.1.4.9 there is always the same problem: In the moment it is installed to system/library/extensions, I receive an error message from OSX (newest version) that system extension fabio.kext was not installed correctly and can't be used. Please install once again or ask for a more actual version.

Thereafter it is located in the folder extensions....but does not work?

Regards, SMY

Comment

Working...
                        X