DVDFab Rip to AppleTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Rip to AppleTV

on the new 9.1.3.6 I can't figure out how to not have subtitles direct render to video. I am using DVDFab for Mac and ripping a standard DVD (not blu-ray) and watching on AppleTV3. When choosing output device I select AppleTV3 but when I then go into Advanced Setting there is no way to choose anything other than "direct render". I also tried to use an output of MP4 (vs. choosing specific appleTV) and I get the subtile option I am used to but for some reason with this release when I play on AppleTV there is no sound. I have ripped multiple movies using multiple options and settings before I posted here and I can't get it to work. AppleTV has subtitles that can be turn off but does have audio. MP4 has no audio but can turn off subtitles. Am I doing, or not doing, something or do I need to revert back to the earlier version that worked? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

#Help

Hey Buddy!

3 Steps:

- rip your DVD/Blu Ray to the .mkv format with DVDFab(!)
    -> select "high quality" on video output
    -> press copy button when dealing with the audio

- use the tool "MP4 Tools" to convert your .mkv to a .mp4
    -> select video passthrough
    -> select audio AC3 5.1 with a bitrate of your choice

- use a tool like "MetaMovie" or "MetaTv" to make your .mp4 file beautiful for iTunes and AppleTV

That's it and you are done. Works perfect for me on the MAC as on the Apple Tv.

Regards

Comment

#Last Step

... forgot the last step.

In the end use "Subler" to add your subtitle.

Regars

Comment

Working...
      X