Blu-ray copy US version - no AACS removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Copy Blu-ray copy US version - no AACS removal

I just purchased Blu-ray copy for mac. I live in the US. The DVDFab logo shows US as part of it. Current version: DVDFab6915US
    I have a late 2013 iMac, Mavericks 10.9.3

When I put my blu-ray movie in, I'm informed thatDVDFab products sold in the US no longer contain the ability to remove AACS.

So the disc will not even play.
    They recommend, 3rd party tools (the link tells which ones, but they are for windows not mac)

What are US mac owners using or how do I get around this.
    I just payed for a 1 year subscription of DVDFab for mac and it's useless without having AACS removed from Blu-rays. Seems other countries have decryption as part of the program.
    Last edited by bekindrewind; 06-20-2014, 12:42 AM.

you will have to find a way to get the non us version.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      you will have to find a way to get the non us version.
      Anyone, how do I do that?

Comment

Google is your friend

Comment

Read the thread (#3).

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bekindrewind View Post
            I just purchased Blu-ray copy for mac. I live in the US. The DVDFab logo shows US as part of it. Current version: DVDFab6915US .
            The version you have is way out of date and not for mac as Current version is 9.1.5.3

Comment

Originally posted by Details View Post
              The version you have is way out of date and not for mac as Current version is 9.1.5.3
              Good eye!
              Don't know why I typed 6195? (Not even close to 9153)
              I do have 9.1.5.3, being I just renewed and updated when I wrote that post.
              Thank you for catching that.

Comment

woookao website inop, now what.

Comment

Use Mozilla Firefox for your browser, and get the add-on Hola and install it.
                  Works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by bekindrewind View Post
                    I just purchased Blu-ray copy for mac. I live in the US. The DVDFab logo shows US as part of it. Current version: DVDFab6915US
                    I have a late 2013 iMac, Mavericks 10.9.3

When I put my blu-ray movie in, I'm informed thatDVDFab products sold in the US no longer contain the ability to remove AACS.

So the disc will not even play.
                    They recommend, 3rd party tools (the link tells which ones, but they are for windows not mac)

What are US mac owners using or how do I get around this.
                    I just payed for a 1 year subscription of DVDFab for mac and it's useless without having AACS removed from Blu-rays. Seems other countries have decryption as part of the program.

I paid for a lifetime package

However, all is not lost. Download woookao for Mac and run it just before you run DVDFab for the first time. You only need to do this once. That's all you need to do. From then on, DVDFab will remove all protection for you. I think this is an indirect way for the company to help you. However, you do need to be connected to the internet everytime you insert a new disk because the program needs to look up the codes to remove the protection.

Hope this helps.

My problem is that DVDFab as yet does not support GPU hardware acceleration on the Mac - see my question in another post.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
                      woookao website inop, now what.
                      Hey, it just worked for me two days ago.

Comment

Lifetime Sub

I also have a lifetime sub. Perhaps a solution to this is to provide private email links to lifetime users for access to the software? This would add a layer of privacy to the situation and help resolve problems for our US brothers.

Comment

Dealing with all this stuff is easy. Just use a location anonymizer like the tor browser. From dvdfab.cn's view, you are not in the US. Then it will let you download the non-US version. This the best method because it doesn't require you to go to various shares the download a possibly questionable copy.

Next I would try out the dvdfab media player. It works well on most newer graphics enabled systems. It doesn't look for Cinavia and other such inconveniences.

DVDFAB is a great company. Support them. They are still the best out there.

Comment

Working...
                          X