This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.1.5.3 still no forced subs being displayed in Thor Dark World

Hate to beat a dead horse. Dark elves are forced subs. Still NOT displaying in 9.1.5.3 with Thor Dark World.

There are 3 options and I tried all encoding all 3 variants.
    1) select display forced subs only (checkbox)
    2) select forced English subs (radio button)
    3) select BOTH display forced subs AND forced enligh subs

Subs are set to direct render, crf 16, mac osx 10.9.3, encodes mp4 fine EXCEPT missing forced subs. Time was ~40-45 minutes.

Try selecting the second English sub title track only nothing else checked.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      Try selecting the second English sub title track only nothing else checked.
      Thx but see #2 in my post. Already tried. No idea what's going on but I just did a clean install of mavericks, fully updated. No reason why it shouldnt work. This is on a 2011 store purchased 13" MBP (no custom config).

Comment

I'm a PC but the forced subtitles will not direct render for me either. Will your playback device select them if remuxed?
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I suppose that the forced English subtitle steam should not be the forced subtitle but just include the English subtitle that the foreign audio part.
          Please uncheck the "Display the forced subtitle" option and select render.

And it should be also have a "English normal" subtitle stream in the movie.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I used the second English subtitle track for main movie then had to select the second audio track in the player to get it to work.Works this way with Power dvd 11 and VLC.

Comment

Does the forced subtitle show in PowerDVD after close the subtitle?

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson:If I disable the subtitles during playing the movie or before playing the main movie then no subtitles.The only way it works for me is to select play second English subtitle in the player with players controls in Power dvd 11 or VLC and my Micca media player.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                  Does the forced subtitle show in PowerDVD after close the subtitle?

Wilson
                  I tried remux and it didn't work.

Playback is iPad, iPhone, Macbook Pro (QT and video app) and VLC on iPhone/iPad.

Comment

tazdevl2:Option#4 see screen shot I unchecked forced because I couldn't get it to work like you with this movie then I just checked the 2nd English subtitle like in screen shot.During playback with VLC hit the subtitle button and play the second set of English subtitles if you have 2 or just the first set if you only recorded the second English subtitle then only the forced subs will play.This works with Power dvd 11,VLC and my Micca media player the same way.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by glenns; 06-24-2014, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I noticed this the other day as well. I got forced subtitles to work in more recent flicks, so I went back to rip The Dark World again and nothing. No forced subtitles at all. They work fine in other movies, but just not that one.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                        tazdevl2:Option#4 see screen shot I unchecked forced because I couldn't get it to work like you with this movie then I just checked the 2nd English subtitle like in screen shot.During playback with VLC hit the subtitle button and play the second set of English subtitles if you have 2 or just the first set if you only recorded the second English subtitle then only the forced subs will play.This works with Power dvd 11,VLC and my Micca media player the same way.
                        I only direct render forced English, so this isn't even an option on playback. I'll have to mess with this more. Just odd that this one title, albeit a popular one, isn't working.

Comment

If you do it as I told you it works playing only the forced English subtitles as I said.You said you use VLC with 2 of the devices so the option to play the subtitles or forced sub titles is their for you to use.At least you can have it work this way.

This is the fault of the studios mastering the subs in a different way.Their are other ways to download the forced subtitles and add them in with other free programs.Should you want to do this their are people in the forum that can help you with that.

Comment

tazdevl2, I use VidOn.Me players on my Apple stuff, vastly superior to the native video player and free! I select forced English forced only subs and export them to idx\sub, load the three files to the vidon player and select English. Works on VLC too. This works on both mkv and mp4 on my iPad. the player is available for the iPhone too. I'll provide a link if you think it's something you might be interested in trying.

お探しのページが見つかりませんでした!
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

And here is a test movie using the Apple i pad profile by selecting the second English sub title the forced subs play as they should without using the play controls of VLC as my screen shot shows the subtitle play button is grayed out so only the forced play..Plays in windows media player also with forced subtitles.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by glenns; 06-25-2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X