Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synology and appleTV3

hi there,
    can anyone tell me what setting I should use to rip DVD so I can play the film from Synology NAS to Appletv3.
    Appletv3 profile does not work, Synology given error message saying that format is not supported by Appletv.

Thanks a lot!
    k

Originally posted by kiuas View Post
    hi there,
    can anyone tell me what setting I should use to rip DVD so I can play the film from Synology NAS to Appletv3.
    Hey Buddy!

I can tell you the way I do it. First I rip DVDs/Blu Rays with DVDFab into the .mkv format. After it I convert these files with a tool called "mp4tools" (http://www.emmgunn.com/mp4tools/mp4toolshome.html) into a .m4v.

Now you can stream files. I'm not sure how you have access to your NAS with AppleTv3? Thought it's not jailbroken.. But I stream these files via my Mac using iTunes and Homesharing.

Regards,
    Marc

Comment

You can not use a NAS with the apple tv3. You must have iTunes running on a PC or MAC and put your movies on that and apple tv 3 will see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Maaarc15 View Post
        Hey Buddy!

I can tell you the way I do it. First I rip DVDs/Blu Rays with DVDFab into the .mkv format. After it I convert these files with a tool called "mp4tools" (http://www.emmgunn.com/mp4tools/mp4toolshome.html) into a .m4v.

Now you can stream files. I'm not sure how you have access to your NAS with AppleTv3? Thought it's not jailbroken.. But I stream these files via my Mac using iTunes and Homesharing.

Regards,
        Marc
        Hi,
        Did you have any problem when playing the converted video by Apple TV?
        Why not convert DVD/BD to apple tv format by DVDFab directly?

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

AppleTV profile did not work with Synology NAS + AppleTV 3.

Instead using MP4 profile with H264, AAC audio codec and frame rate 30 produced files that can be Airplayed directly from the NAS.

I have no idea why the AppleTV profile did not work as the settings looks almost identical.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
            Hi,
            Did you have any problem when playing the converted video by Apple TV?
            Why not convert DVD/BD to apple tv format by DVDFab directly?

Wilson
            Hey Wilson!

It's because DVDFab does not show me, if I can just passthrough the audio stream or if I have to recode it, which the other tool does.

Regards,
            Marc

Comment

AppleTV profile did not work with Synology NAS + AppleTV 3.

Instead using MP4 profile with H264, AAC audio codec and frame rate 30 produced files that can be Airplayed directly from the NAS.

I have no idea why the AppleTV profile did not work as the settings looks almost identical.
              Would you please uncheck "Output both aac and ac3 audio..." option in Advanced setting and try again?
              DVDFab will output both aac and ac3 audio tracks default, mp4.h264.aac only have aac audio track. Maybe it's caused by this.

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X