No faster with Mac Pro 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No faster with Mac Pro 2013

I purchased a lifetime package from you this week because I thought you are one company that is good at supporting their customers with frequent updates.

I have a late 2013 Mac Pro with a 6-core Intel Xeon E5 processor, dual AMD Firepro D700 GPU Cards with 6GB RAM each and a total RAM of 64G in the machine, running on a superfast internal SSD. This was purchased for my photo processing work.

DVDFab unfortunately does not make use of any of the hardware muscle on a Mac. My old Windows laptop in the office with an aging hard drive and minimal graphics capability still converts a BD ISO to iPad air compatible MP4 file in less than half the time.

Please support the mac users out there with hardware acceleration. There are no really good Blu Ray utilities in the Mac world. I've tried them all, nothing compares to DVDFab for its flexibility and comprehensive abilities.

Thank you.

How much encoding time are needed on your Mac when converting an ISO to iPad?

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
      How much encoding time are needed on your Mac when converting an ISO to iPad?

Wilson
      Hi Wilson:

I used the BD 'Marvel's Avengers' to run the tests below since this is the test disk on your blog here

I am using an external LG BD drive (the BE14NU40) which on Optic Drive Speed tests reads the Avenger's disk at 7.6X which suggests that the drive is not riplocked and hence capable of high speed copying if the software is capable of doing it.

Here are my test results - I also used my office laptop which has Windows to compare with my 2013 MacPro:

Fullcopy (Clone) with DVDFab: 32 minutes (max read 22MB/s and file size 46G)
      Fullcopy (clone) with DVDFab on a Windows 8.1 laptop with CUDA etc: 39 mts (there is really no benefit of the CUDA and Intelsync when you just do a clone I guess)

Copy to BD25 ISO from Disk: 52 mts, max read rate 17mb/s, file size 24G (suggests it takes longer to make a BD25 copy as it involves compression).

Now for ISO to MP4 conversion times: Same disk (Avengers);

BD50 ISO to iPad air (1900x1080) MP4 = 35 mts - 5.2GB
      BD50 ISO to iPad air at low res (840x400) = 30 mts - 1.2GB
      BD25 ISO to iPad air at low res (840x400) = 30 mts - 1.07GB

As you can see I am not getting anywhere near the same speed of encoding to iPad as you are for the same disk. In fact what is interesting is that the full resolution (1900X1080) does not take much longer than the low-resolution of around 800X400.

Is there anything else I can do?

What are the output parameters on your encoding the Avenger's disk (from BluRay, not DVD)? It is not mentioned on your blog.

Thanks for your help with this.

Comment

Fullcopy (Clone) with DVDFab: 32 minutes (max read 22MB/s and file size 46G)
        Fullcopy (clone) with DVDFab on a Windows 8.1 laptop with CUDA etc: 39 mts (there is really no benefit of the CUDA and Intelsync when you just do a clone I guess)
        You are right. Clone does not use CUDA or Intel Quick Sync GPU in DVDFab.

Now for ISO to MP4 conversion times: Same disk (Avengers);

BD50 ISO to iPad air (1900x1080) MP4 = 35 mts - 5.2GB
        BD50 ISO to iPad air at low res (840x400) = 30 mts - 1.2GB
        BD25 ISO to iPad air at low res (840x400) = 30 mts - 1.07GB
        The test data in blog, we are converting the BD50 ISO to iPad (1024x576, aac/2) profile with Windows DVDFab version.
        And converting with i7-3770 CPU, IQS and CUDA lightning-shrink.

Wilson
        Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 09-17-2014, 01:38 AM.
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X