Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work 1 failed, Error = config_mobile empty parallel data

MacBook Pro (early 2009)
    Sony BDRW BWU-200S (external, USB 2.0 and eSATA intefaces)
    Macos v10.11.3
    DVDFab v9.2.3.1

I have been unable to rip Blu-Ray since upgrading to DVDFab v9.2.3.1, including Blu-Ray titles that I have been able to rip previously.

Error is the same:
    Work 1 failed, Error = config_mobile empty parallel data

I've tried the following troubleshooting steps:
    -wiping the install completely, rebooting and reinstalling the application
    -different cables
    -USB2 and eSATA interfaces

Drive is functional, I can play DVDs using the drive.

I've attached 2 logs, one from USB and one from eSATA.
    Attached Files

Tried downgrading to previous version (9.2.2.8). I'm getting the same error, even on titles that were previously ripped successfully.

Comment

Support contacted me and indicated I should await the next release. When is your next release expected?

Comment

I installed v9.2.3.7 and experienced the exact same error immediately when pressing the start button (after analysis).

Comment

I tried a DVD (Blow) and the rip process did begin, but ended quickly with a 3KB MP4 file.

For what it's worth, the Blu-Ray drive does work fine. I can watch DVD's without a problem.

Comment

To be clear, I can also watch Blu-Ray movies without a problem.

Comment

Still unable to use the program due to this error. Thus far the troubleshooting advice has been to uninstall and re-install different versions of the program.

It's been almost 2 months since this error occurred and I have yet to receive any real troubleshooting advice from DVDFab Support.

Comment

Hi,

It seems like that DVDFab does not read the disc and then you opened the disc folder manually.

Please follow these steps and see the result:

1. Delete DVDFab 9 from /Application and the files in Documents\DVDFab 9.
                2. Delete the fabio.kext in /System/Library/Extensions.
                3. Clear the Trash and reboot your Mac.
                4. Re-install the latest DVDFab version and see the result.
                5. It should be convert fine if DVDFab can read the disc automatically.
                6. Please post the new log file if DVDFab does not read the disc automatically.

Thanks!

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

That seemed to do the trick. I inserted a Blu-Ray and DVDFab automatically began to analyze it. I'm testing a rip on a new Blu-Ray and it is progressing as expected - previously I would experience the error instantly when initiating the rip.

The difference between previous troubleshooting and your instructions was the removal of file /System/Library/Extensions/fabio.kext

Note to subsequent readers, the best way to load the /System/Library/Extensions directory is to use Finder's Go to Folder function (Shift+Command+G).

Thank you!

Comment

For what it's worth...

I experienced the same error today and followed the re-install instructions above and resolved the issue.

I'm not exactly sure what is happening to cause the config_mobile empty parallel data error. I had no system changes or even reboots until the error happened. Only real system events have been Time Machine backups.

It's inconvenient (costing at least 30 minutes to remove, reboot, re-install and re-scan the disk), but at least there is a workaround for the problem.

Comment

Hi,

DVDFab does not read the disc automatically again?

I'm not sure that why this happen on your Mac, maybe caused by the permission of the fabio.

Would you please do the permission repair for the kext?

Wilson
                      Please post your logs the default location is:
                      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X