ISO won't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO won't open

Running current version, some ISO's will not open in DVD fab. They are stuck on opening, have to force quit. Open fine in makemkv. Others open fine. ISO's are made using full disc mode BD ripper. Used to never have this problem, started up lately

Hi,

I believe I have the same problem. I checked.
    Some can, some can't.

Hope they check soon.

Comment

Hi, tomtastic

How is your problem?

Do you have/keep older version? like for Mac 9231?
      If don't, how about requesting downgrade to support team?

Just an idea.

Comment

Yes, I have kept all my previous installs, I had to go back all the way to 9.2.2.0 to get it to work. Something is wrong with newer versions on some releases. No crash log because it doesn't crash it gets stuck on opening. Just ran into this again with 10 Cloverfield Lane but I couldn't get the older version to rip the ISO it would get stuck on opening although it let me cancel no force quit required, so I used newer version which would rip ISO, but of course it won't open up in the ripper tool so I used makemkv to finish. Won't be able to open in DVDfab though.

I'm using a 2009 Mac Pro, upgraded to a 12 Core 3.33 960gb SSD, 28 GB memory. OS 10.9.5
        Last edited by tomtastic; 07-22-2016, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Hi,

They were the exactly same what you discribed.
          It gets stuck at opening.

Do you bootcamp? you have DVDFab for Win?
          If you do, you can try open those troubled ISOs in DVDFab for Win.
          I really believe that those will crash DVDFab for Win at opening them so that you can save the crash report to attach it to post.

My troubled BDs were,
          THE_FORCE_AWAKENS(JPN)
          Brige_of_Spies(JPN)
          GAMEOFTHRONES_S5_DISCx(JPN)
          VISIT(JPN)
          The_Peanuts_Movie(JPN)

DVDFab for Mac9309 made no troubles so far. I thought my problems got solved, maybe not. I have to keep my eyes open.

Mac Pro(mid2012), 12 core, 4TB WD HDD, 12GB, 10.9.5, QNAP NAS TS-853A

Comment

Working...
          X