Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Fab "The Installation Failed"

Hi,

I have this error and I cannot seem to get passed it, I have uninstalled, rebooted, installed, tried the beta, etc, etc and the error remains. Despite that fab is installed and has apparently updated to the latest version.

I did have a HD failure so had to install OS X again, it worked fine before and now it doesn't, i thought it might be a permissions issue but the repair has not worked.

Regards,

Marc

Installation error

I have the same problem here.

The error message says:
    "The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the manufacturer for assistance."

I also tried installing when logged in as root, with no success. I even tried reinstalling an older version 9231. Same issue.

It'd be nice if someone from customer service helped us solve this...

Comment

Problem solved

I think I've found the solution. Without erasing any of my old data, I reinstalled El Capitan right over itself. It kept everything intact. Then, I reinstalled DVDFab. The installer indicated that it was successful, so that seems to have done the trick.

DVDFab runs well now. I've made a few playable Blu-ray copies with no more errors!
      Last edited by leterboxdf; 05-17-2016, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I thought I had tried that, but I'm not sure now. Seems to work ok anyway.

I can't t test it now as I'm on 10.12 and fab doesn't support it yet 😕

Comment

Nice how it's a month later and nothing from the fab team

Comment

Working...
          X