Suspected bluray full menu not worked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspected bluray full menu not worked

I bought bluray copy for Mac version last weekend and tried testing my old titles backup using both ISO and BMDV folder formats. Unfornately, most of the images created using bluray copy for Mac version have the same problem - movie playing stops right after displaying logo and warning messages if the movie titles started with full menu (natvigation menu). But if titles started with lite menu (simple menu), the movie playing can continue.

My gears of testing are listed as below:

- iMac running on OSX 10.9.5, 12GB RAM
    - DVDFAB bluray copy for Mac version 9.2.3.9
    - 2x players tested: hardware appliance DUNE HD Smart D1, and DVDFAB media player with trial version covering full menu function
    - images created had been tested in either ISO or BMDV folder formats
    - images tested with local storage and network storage

- tested bluray titles:
    (region A) - Bourne identity, Bourne ultimatum, Quantum of Solace, Batman Begins, Shawshank Redemption, Kingdom of Heaven
    (Region B) - Homeland season one disc 1

Only titles Shawshank redemption (too old to have full menu built in) and Kingdom of heaven could start with full menu without any problem in the two players: Dune machine and software player DVDFAB media player. All others are not OK starting with full menu.

Appreciated if any can share with me your experience on how to deal with this. It seems the Mac version of such bluray copy software is getting problem.

Cheers
    Last edited by mymovie; 06-27-2016, 03:13 PM.

Problem confirmed by DVDFAB in the Mac version of bluray copy. That is why there were some discussion threads pointing out the similar problem.

But we don't know when the fix can be released. The last 9.2.3.9 was released in April while July is approaching.

Comment

DVDFab needs to fix this. This is not a new feature to the software. This is the item you are selling for bluray copy on web. I bought it cos I trusted that from your web site. Now you need to honor it.
      Last edited by mymovie; 07-11-2016, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Dear Dvdfab support,

Would you please advise if the new version 9308 can support Bluray full menu when it comes to BD full copy in mac. Otherwise, we still see a lot of complaints on "iso not opened".

Your advice is appreciated.

Comment

Using the new Beta version 9038B on Mac today, the old problem of Bluray full menu is still not fixed yet.

Is DvdFab going to fix this problem?

The full menu impacts two types of Bluray badly:
          - TV series (e.g.. Game of Thrones)
          - Concert type bluray

Comment

Did you try checking the tips section - http://www.dvdfab.cn/tips.htm

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
              Did you try checking the tips section - http://www.dvdfab.cn/tips.htm

First, thank you for your hint.

But the "tips for Mac" per URL quoted are just the operation guideline. There wasn't any hint on either how to ensure the bluray full menu could be created nor any guideline on testing procedure how to verify the iso starting from full menu even from DVDFab product perspective.

In fact, the bug or the problem mentioned here had been admitted and confirmed by DvdFab last month when my fault ticket was submitted. What I am curious here is that there were not many users talking about this problem. Maybe they referred the similar problem of "iso can't be opened".

Frankly, if I don't need bluray full menu, I can go to some other vendors. I was led (or "mis-led" unfortunately) by Dvdfab web site where they advised the full menu support by this product.
              Last edited by mymovie; 07-17-2016, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Will this work -- https://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-copy.htm
                Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-09-2022, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

I read that info earlier when it came to 9.3.0.1 for customised menu.

1) That guideline referred to Windows version. Again, it disappoints me as Mac version never par with Windows version from this perspective. My 9308B Mac version doesn't come with MENU option from its customise submenu in COPY mode.

2) In fact, there was an issue discussion on such CUSTOMIZED menu arrangement in mid last year per URL quoted below. The customised menu won't be the full menu from original BD, haven't mentioned about the java problem handling.

I wonder if you have tried this out using Mac version.

Frankly, there won't be such problem in Windows version of DVDFab bluray full copy. I tried that on Game of Thrones Season 1 day before. All of them can start with full menu without any problem.
                  Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-09-2022, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Please try 9309 and tell me the result, the menu problem in Blu-ray Fulldisc is fixed.

Thanks!

Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                      Hi,

Please try 9309 and tell me the result, the menu problem in Blu-ray Fulldisc is fixed.

Thanks!

Wilson

Dear Wilson,

9309 installed but still no found of such menu option under customise sub-category of copy mode. Here attached the screen copy for your reference. The NEXT button at the bottom of customise menu leads to a screen page to develop your own menu, but not the original menu from BD. Please check and advise.

Second, there is a problem found that the DVDFAB program quit/exit from customise menu would lead to an error while the quit/exit from full copy mode is error free.

Cheers
                      Attached Files

Comment

Finally, it works by using the original FULL COPY mode. I tested a BD movie "Bourne identity". Using DVDFab player just works fine. I'll test another few more movie and use appliance to test tomorrow.

So far so good!

Comment

Originally posted by mymovie View Post
                          Finally, it works by using the original FULL COPY mode.
                          Excuse me, sir.
                          May I ask?

original FULL COPY is Clone/Burn? or FULL Disc?
                          I'm confusing little.

Comment

Clone is a bit for bit exact clone will not compress. Full Disc will transcode and compress.
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Testing continue....

1) Movie BD - Bourne Identity:
                              ISO format created using full copy mode has been tested using both DvdFab media player (both lite and full menu) and Dune HD D1 appliance (both lite and full menu). The good thing is full menu coming up this time when starting with full menu. But it still has room to improve under full menu operation. The switch among different menu, or transition from different items with sub-menu (eg, scene), is found not smooth.

2) Concert BD - Eagles - Farewell Tour - Live from Melbourne
                              Again, ISO format created and tested using different software-based media players and appliance Dune HD D1. It is strange that all the software-based media players such as DvdFab media player didn't work when it started with full menu. The concerns BD kept black on screen for 70s and stopped. However, when the same concert BD was streamed to Dune D1 and started with full menu, it worked and I could select audio setting/songs then.

3) TV series BD -
                              TBC...
                              Last edited by mymovie; 07-21-2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X