Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does BD FullCopy support output file to USB attached drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does BD FullCopy support output file to USB attached drive?

Using the latest version 9309, I found the ISO file directly output to USB drive couldn't be opened by any players, neither software-based nor hardware appliance. It seemed the playlist was absent in the ISO file.

This was the finding along with my testing of BD full menu per another thread:
    - BD tested: Phil Collins Live at Montreux 2004, Eagles Farewell Live from Melbourne Tour, Homeland season 1 disk 1
    - iMac (i5, 12GB Ram), USB attached harddrive (brand new 2TB in NTFS format), MAC OS 10.9.5 with NTFS-3G, MacFuse drivers
    - BD output directly to USB attached drive
    - DvdFab media player, Dune HD D1 appliance used

Anyone experienced this before?

See here post # 3 http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=19308

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

Thanks! But I can't quite get that. My USB drive was attached to iMAC for storage in which DVdFab BD full copy directly output ISO file to it. When it came to play, I moved the USB drive and attached to Dune HD D1 appliance which connected to TV through my AV Amplifier.

Instead, I recalled my previous thread, #2, in which it worked when DvdFab directly output M2TS to USB drive but failed when directly outputing ISO file to USB drive.

<span style="color:blue"> <b>NEW: <span style="color:red">DVDFab 10.0.4.6 is released out! </b></span>

Now, I am redoing the same test, using Movie BD - Bourne Ultimatum and Carry out FullCopy and send output files in different formats to USB drive.

- ISO format
      - file format (M2TS)

Will also use 2 different players to try, DvdFab media player and Dune HD D1 appliance. If my guess is correct, there must be a problem in DVdFab conversion process when dealing with external drive.

Stay tuned for update.
      Last edited by mymovie; 07-23-2016, 02:22 AM.

Comment

The testing results are now categoried into 2 classes:

A) output file to USB attached drive

- output format: ISO. The file can't be played with Lite menu nor full menu start, can't be played with DvdFab media player (software quited) nor Dune HD D1 menu (D1 error message indicated missing playlist)

- output format: file folder at m2ts. The file can be played regardless which media players or whichever menu start.

B) output file to local iMAC drive
        The output file at ISO format was then copied to USB attached drive. Then movie can be played using whichever menu format or any media player such Dune and DVDFab.

However, when running the windows version of DVdFab full copy, it always works fine for output file (ISO) to the USB attached drive.

Thus, I pretty sure the problem is present in Mac version of DvdFab, particularly the 2nd stage of converting into ISO, when dealing with external USB drive. In fact, this problem had been presented at least since version 9239 when I reported the similar problem per threat mentioned above.

DvdFab support needs to look at this. Otherwise, your DvdFab version 10 coming out in Aug still suffers from same limitation.
        Last edited by mymovie; 07-23-2016, 02:44 AM.

Comment

The good thing now is DvdFab support acknowledged the problem for shooting. Let's see when this will be fixed.

Well, trying to extend this to a network drive, I'm not sure if Dvdfab Bluray copy for Mac can output iso to a network share drive directly. Forget about the speed performance by now, what I wonder is why there is no similar concern posted right on this forum. Direct output iso to USB attached drive is a very common method deployed on MAC to save the long operation time if local HDD is suffering from size constraint.

Comment

Hi,

DVDFab supports to output ISO to the extend driver directly.

Thanks!

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
              Hi,

DVDFab supports to output ISO to the extend driver directly.

Thanks!

Wilson

Which version of Bluray copy for Mac can support this feature?

Comment

It is very strange that Dvdfab people always said their product works but didn't advise the details how to verify that. It is up to their customer to prove it wrong, then they start working on it.

Here in this case, I have stated the test and scenarios very clearly on Mac version of Bluray copy, if Dvdfab found my test wrong, they should tell us under what setup and configuration the product works. Don't just say it works, Please!

Comment

Using 9311B to covert BD "The Bourne Ultimatum" to iso via direct output to external USB-attached drive today, it failed again. Same problem as my previous finding.
                  Last edited by mymovie; 08-04-2016, 06:45 AM.

Comment

What is you USB-attached drive format?
                    Can you creat folder direct to your USB -attached drive ?
                    I notice that mac seems can be read some USB -attached drive , but you can not writeable on MAC OS.
                    You want to write file to USB-attached drive, you must format disketteuse disc Utility on GO -application - Utilities -Disk Utility.
                    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
                      What is you USB-attached drive format?
                      Can you creat folder direct to your USB -attached drive ?
                      I notice that mac seems can be read some USB -attached drive , but you can not writeable on MAC OS.
                      You want to write file to USB-attached drive, you must format disketteuse disc Utility on GO -application - Utilities -Disk Utility.

As stated in my initial testing setup, my USB attached drive is NTFS format. I know the native MAC doesn't support NTFS write. That's why I installed NTFS-3G, MacFuse drivers on my MAC. Thus the NTFS drive can be created with files and folders.

If ISO format of movie can't be created onto the USB attached drive, how can we explain the Bluray folder format of movie can be directly created onto the USB attached drive? My previous test confirmed this OK all the time if you read that before. They did create folder onto NTFS drive.

Comment

Working...
                      X