Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab 10.0.7.6 for Mac crashes if the disc label contains any accented characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 10.0.7.6 for Mac crashes if the disc label contains any accented characters

I tried to rip the BD of "Valerian e la città dei mille pianeti" but DVDFab suddenly crashed.

The crash report says something like this:

terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::filesystem::filesystem_error
    Invalid argument: "/Volumes/Xdd/DVDFab/Video/Valerian e la citt‡ dei mille/"

attached DVDFab log and the crash report

on the other hand DVDFab 10.0.7.6 for Windows (x64) works fine
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your report, we will test on our side and see what happens.

Regards,
    mona

Comment

issue still present in DVDFab 10.0.8.2

Comment

Originally posted by fiod3s View Post
        issue still present in DVDFab 10.0.8.2
        Hello,

Regarding this problem, we need more help from you. Please kindly check PM for details, thank you in advance.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

I have just tried DVDFab 10.0.9.0 and the issue is still there... but something changed, a slight change... the way the "à" accented character is interpreted by your software, in fact the crash report for the current version says (in bold the difference):

terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::filesystem::filesystem_error: boost::filesystem::status: Invalid argument: "/Volumes/Xdd/DVDFab/Video/Valerian e la citt°ß°Ë dei mille pianeti/"

so I think that the problem relays in how the accented letters of Western languages are encoded, because they aren't standard ASCII characters

Comment

issue still present in DVDFab 10.2.1.3

I tested another Blu-ray with accented characters "La città di incantata"

DVDFab log file and crash report attached
            Attached Files

Comment

We will check again as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
              X