Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with MP4 Passthrough ripper - invalid files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD/BD Ripper Problems with MP4 Passthrough ripper - invalid files?

Just recently Apple have updated their "Compressor" tool. It can be used as a format converter (similar to DVDFab Video Converter) and makes perfect use of the hardware built in the latest 2017 iMacs. It also can finally convert into H.265. It is blazingly fast!
    Since DVDFab Video converter still doesn't support hardware acceleration, I though to myself: "Hey, there's a workaround path now": rip my Blu-Rays with MP4 passthrough (very fast) and then let Apples "Compressor" tool do the high-speed conversion to H.265.
    And here comes the strange part and my question: While all MP4 files that I own can perfectly be converted with the new "Compressor" version, all MP4 rips created by DVDFab Blu-ray riper simply don't work. Compressor just says that there is an error with the input file, and that's it.
    Does DVDFab ripper create some "special" kind of MP4 files? Is anybody out there able to look into this and find a way to correct this? It's becoming so terribly frustrating to own a fantastic machine and simply not being able to use it to it's potential simply because of missing software support. Any help/hint would be highly appreciated! :-)
    Cheers, Zorny

Hello Zorny,

We will try to reproduce the problem first.

Please post dvdfab_internal.log file too, thank you.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Hi, attached you'll find the requested log file.
      By the way, I have also tried to rip into mp4 file with mpeg 4 compression, which is still quite fast. But when I tried to put this file through "Compressor", I had the same negative result ("Invalid source file")...
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Zorny,

There is some video/audio format that is not supported by "Compressor".

Passhtrough profile doesn't include decode and re-encode of the file, so we suggest that you refer to the page below to adjust the mp4 parameter in Advanced Settings window and convert again. You can set the audio codec as AAC or MP3 to have a try.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH16864...ewlocale=en_US

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

Working...
        X