Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdfab does not release dvd on cancel

dvdfab 10.2.1.3

When a new dvd or blu-ray is first detected, the dialog comes up where it is analyzing the disc. If you hit cancel, dvdfab does cancel the operation, but it doesn't "release" the dvd to the OS. The effect is that you cannot eject the DVD/blu-ray. You have to quit dvdfab, and then the disc can be ejected.

We will improve it, thanks for the report.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by vdv View Post
      dvdfab 10.2.1.3

When a new dvd or blu-ray is first detected, the dialog comes up where it is analyzing the disc. If you hit cancel, dvdfab does cancel the operation, but it doesn't "release" the dvd to the OS. The effect is that you cannot eject the DVD/blu-ray. You have to quit dvdfab, and then the disc can be ejected.
      Just to confirm, do you mean that when you clicked on the Eject Disc button, you cannot eject the disc until DVDFab exited?

Comment

correct. i cannot eject the disc from the finder (right click->eject) and also the hardware button on the drive does not work. Once I quit dvdfab, I can eject.

Comment

Originally posted by vdv View Post
          correct. i cannot eject the disc from the finder (right click->eject) and also the hardware button on the drive does not work. Once I quit dvdfab, I can eject.
          We could not reproduce the problem, tried several drives and movie discs. Maybe you can try it on a different Mac or try with a different drive?

Our MacOS version is 10.13.6.

Comment

Thanks for the investigation. I am also unable to reproduce it reliably. If I can ever narrow down a circumstance that makes this fail, I'll report.

Comment

Working...
            X