No announcement yet.

Video Converter Mac: Conversion crashes/finishes in the middle of movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Converter Video Converter Mac: Conversion crashes/finishes in the middle of movies

Hi, the last version of DVDFAB MAC that works for me has been 11.0.1.0 (December 2018).
    Every newer version has produced crashes in the conversion module for me.
    I'm converting ripped Blu-rays to MKV.HEVC (H265), and all newer versions, including the latest 11.0.2.6, crash in the middle of movies, or if they don't crash, they simply stop conversion in the middle of movies and continue with the next movie, as if nothing had happened. Very annoying. Can the developers please take a closer look into this?

Does nobody else see this behaviour of the converter module?
    Latest version 11.0.2.8 still has the same problem.
    I am still using 11.0.1.0, which works okay for me.

Comment

@Zorny

Hi, when the crash happens, please save the crash file and forward it to us, thanks. The developer will need the crash report.

Also, please zip the whole log folder and send us the zip file as attachment for checking out the problem. Thanks in advance! The default location is: For Mac: /User/User name/Documents/DVDFab11/Log

Comment

Hi Ashley, problem is: most of the time it doesn't really crash with an error message...

Sometimes it stays at 99% forever (once I've had it sitting there for more than 24 hours while I was away for the weekend). I have to manually abort the conversion in these cases. Most of the time results are usable, movies simply end in the middle of the end credits. But the problem is that batch conversions are totally unreliable with this behaviour, because most batches never finish...

And sometimes (even more annoying) it finishes the conversion ahead of time. No error message, no crash, just goes to the next conversion job, although the last conversion has not been finished. Results are not usable, movies are incomplete.

In both cases there is no real "crash"...
        Anyway, next time I see this behaviour, I will send the log file. Should I upload here in this thread as an attachment?

Comment

Originally posted by Zorny View Post
          Hi Ashley, problem is: most of the time it doesn't really crash with an error message...

Sometimes it stays at 99% forever (once I've had it sitting there for more than 24 hours while I was away for the weekend). I have to manually abort the conversion in these cases. Most of the time results are usable, movies simply end in the middle of the end credits. But the problem is that batch conversions are totally unreliable with this behaviour, because most batches never finish...

And sometimes (even more annoying) it finishes the conversion ahead of time. No error message, no crash, just goes to the next conversion job, although the last conversion has not been finished. Results are not usable, movies are incomplete.

In both cases there is no real "crash"...
          Anyway, next time I see this behaviour, I will send the log file. Should I upload here in this thread as an attachment?
          Yes, please upload the log file here as an attachment. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Here is the latest log file. Conversion started fine, the two first movies were converted successfully, the third one was sitting at 99% for nearly 3 hours. I manually stopped the conversion. The resulting movie is fine and totally usable (just some end credits missing, but that's no problem).
            Trouble is: if this kind of "hang" occurs, there's no crash. There's also no further progress. The program sits in this status for hours and days. So, if you are converting large batches of files, say while you're absent for a couple of days, the batch is simply not finished when you return, but still sits at the file wherever the "hang" has occurred.
            By the way, if such a "hang" happens, it has *always* been at "99%" for me.
            Attached Files

Comment

Please confirm whether the conversion can go through if you convert the third file only?
              If still have problem, we will need this video source for testing and analyzing, thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X