X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Version 11.0.4.3 Freezes at 99%

DVDFab Version 11.0.4.3
    Mac OS 10.14.6

When going fro DVD to ISO (Full or Main Movie) DVDFab is freezing then crashes at the 99% mark.
    Same problem on multiple DVD's.

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
    DVDFab Version 11.0.4.3
    Mac OS 10.14.6

When going fro DVD to ISO (Full or Main Movie) DVDFab is freezing then crashes at the 99% mark.
    Same problem on multiple DVD's.
    Sorry for the trouble. Please zip the whole DVDFab log folder and send it to us. Thanks.

Also, do you happen to run your mac or DVDFab for a long time? Please PowerOff your mac and wait for a while and then reboot it to try again.
    Meanwhile, please give DVDFab mini a try and feedback, thank you.

Comment

I DO NOT run DVDFab a long time it is usually not running at all.
      I DO run the iMac for very long periods, it hardly ever turns off.

You want the entire contents of the DVDFab "Log" folder zipped?
      Send it to which email?

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
        You want the entire contents of the DVDFab "Log" folder zipped?
        Send it to which email?
        Yes, please zip the entire contents of the DVDFab "Log" folder, you can send it to my email.

I DO run the iMac for very long periods, it hardly ever turns off.
        Please turn it off for a while, and then try again and feedback, thank you.

Comment

I rebooted the iMac and then DVDFab worked correctly in going from main movie to iso. This has never happened before so something has changed. The iMac is hardly ever turned off since it is used as a server and DVDFab never had an issue before for that reason.

I also tried DVDFab mini and DID NOT like it at all. Same issue I have had for years with DVDFab to Mp4, horrible audio/video sync issues. Years ago I sent DVDFab multiple items related to that issue and as far as I can see it still has not been fixed. I also like to save the 5.1 track as well as the stereo track and any forced subtitles. DVDFab mini has no options at all for that. I like the idea of a stream line software for ripping but the user should be able to save the presets of they want for true plug and play after they set it. Unless those issues of DVDFab mini are corrected I find it totally useless for what I need and don't plan on using it. I suspect it will either get fixed or eventually get deleted from the install.

For my use going from DVDFab to ISO then using a third party software to go from ISO to .m4v is the best solution.

Comment

Hi Ozzie,
            Thank you for the update. We will run more tests to see if we can reproduce the issue of creating ISO.

As for DVDFab Mini, it is a simplified version of the main DVDFab, so it doesn't contain much options, I am sorry that you don't like it.

About the "horrible audio/video sync issues", do you mean DVD Ripper to MP4? Sorry for the trouble, please supply more information, thank you in advance.
            1. please use the latest version to convert the iso file again and feedback with the dvdfab_internal log;
            2. specify the Player you used for playback;
            3. the sync issue happened from the beginning of the movie or on some specia scene?
            4. please specify some of the movies you tested, so that we can find the same one for testing.

Comment

1. After I rebooted the iMac DVDFab worked perfectly like it always has and i love it. If it happens again after the iMac has been on for a while I will send you the internal log.
              2. I mostly do playback on the AppleTV in 5.1 on a big screen and iPad with 2.0. However I only use DVDFab to go from movie to iso file, like I said I use third party software for the final step to go to .m4v.
              3. the sync issues is when using DVDfab to go from DVD to .mp4 The audio starts near perfect and slowly gets worst, in some movies, its horrible from the very beginning. Have not used DVDfab to mp4 for a long time because of this issue and also because it seems limited on what I can save to it. I want multiple audio tracks and forced subtitles saved to the highest possible video quality for display on a very large screen. I di try for the first time in a long time using DVDFab to mp4 and right away I can see the suns issue on my iMac playing in QuickTime. I went back and forth with DVDfab years ago sending files over and back and nothing got fixed. Truthfully at this point it does not matter to me as long as DVDFab to iso works correctly I have found much better way to go from iso to .m4v
              4. Like I said, it does not matter, All of them have sync issues. Just did Detroit DVD to mp4 on fab mini and major sync issues in the middle of the movie. Not really interested in wasting any more time with DVD to mp4 with fab but love DVDFab to iso. The only bug is it seems to get stuck at the 99% mark till I reboot and I think that needs fixing. Next time the happens will send the internal log over.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
                If possible, we still hope that you can try DVD Ripper to mp4 again, provide step details and the relevant log files, so that we can follow your steps to reproduce and fix it. You can contact me via email anytime. Thank you for your support in advance.

Comment

Working...
                X