Mac Os not loading any disc with LG BH16NS55 drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Os not loading any disc with LG BH16NS55 drive

Has anyone recently experienced problems with the LG BH16NS55 drive? It's not loading any discs at all. I've tried 4K, regular BD and DVDs and nothing loads. The drive will spin but nothing shows in Finder for the drive. Ive tried on a QNAP NAS and it shows all of the files from the disc in File Station as it does on my work Windows 10 laptop so it doesn't appear to be a drive issue. I don't have a player loaded to my work PC (they really control all app downloads) and I haven't installed one on the QNAP. The windows 10 machine has JRiver MC25that I use for music but it hangs when I select the BD drive. I got errors for copy protection so I tried a pretty old DVD of Stand By Me which hung. I just finished ripping X-Men Days of Future Past 4K on 09/20/2019. My Mac says I updates to MacOS 10.14.6 on 8/8/2019 but I'm sure I recently performed an update.

I'm running DVDFab 11.0.4.3 on MacOS 10.14.6. I also tried the latest DVDFab Player 5 with the same results.

I'm hoping someone has some suggestions.

try shutting down your mac computer - unplug the power cord - wait 15 seconds
    attach the computers power cord - wait 5 seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer
    then try loading your dvd/bluray discs.

Comment

It's not loading any discs at all. I've tried 4K, regular BD and DVDs and nothing loads. The drive will spin but nothing shows in Finder for the drive.
      It seems like your mac doesn't work well with the drive. Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the drive or try a different USB Port?

Comment

Not yet. Previous releases of MAC OS worked fine. Not sure why it started having problems. I'll check the web and try re-installing.

Comment

Not sure why but when I talked to LG Support, it started working again. I did do a reboot or 2 but I don't think anything except time chawed.

Mac OS Catalina seems to be better but I still occasionally have problems if DVDFab has failures like read errors. I just tried to clone a disc, it took a read error. DVDFab properly showed the tax in red as failed but my drive then wouldn't load the disc again until I powered it off. Mostly it's working now.

Comment

Read error could be caused by fingerprint on the disc, clean the disc before try.

Comment

I don't believe that is the issue. I've sent in a couple of problem logs recently and I also tried using MakeMKV which works just fine without read error on exactly the same discs that fail with DVDFab. I've also tested that the drive works fine doing movie playback of BD on an older HP running Windows 10. Any other suggestions? Catalina has caused a lot of issue on my machine at various times.

Comment

Please attach the latest dvdfab_internal log file from your last try, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X