Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Converter for Mac need a little bit more love from the developers ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Converter Video Converter for Mac need a little bit more love from the developers ;-)

The last version of Video Converter for Mac that worked okay was 11.0.1.0 (from September 2019 I believe).
    Every version since then, including the current 11.0.8.6, has severe issues and is nearly unusable. I have never managed to convert one single movie to MKV HEVC! Version 11.0.1.0 can do it without problems, but I would of course prefer this tool to work okay in the latest DVDFAB version - after all I paid money for it.

Am I the only person seeing problems with Video Converter for Mac? Can someone please confirm if they also have these troubles? Thank you! :-)

Problems vary, but yes problems I had with the position of subtitles (problem still present, not in the right place!). Latest version is showing only 1/4 of the movie in preview mode when selecting external subtitle. No way I can tell this way if it's in the right position.

Comment

Problem here to, dolby vision single layer lot of glitches and pixel problem.

Comment

@Zorny Please post your log file for the last try that encountered the issue.

@Morten69 Please start a new thread to post the problem, and post the related log files too.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Paulbart View Post
        Problems vary, but yes problems I had with the position of subtitles (problem still present, not in the right place!). Latest version is showing only 1/4 of the movie in preview mode when selecting external subtitle. No way I can tell this way if it's in the right position.
        We reproduce the issue, sorry about it, the developer is checking on it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-31 um 00.44.04.png
Views:	329
Size:	523.9 KB
ID:	382364 Here is the latetst crash log and I have also included two screen hardcopies. I hope this helps.
          Also - it would be very nice if the pre-selected languages (in my case: German and English) would be automatically selected in Video Converter. Currently, this only works for subtitles, but not for the audio tracks...

If you need more information, please let me know! Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-30 um 18.42.07.png
Views:	269
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	382365

Comment

And the rest of the log-files.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Zorny View Post
              And the rest of the log-files.
              I try one, it goes well so far. To better check this conversion issue, please send us one of the problematic video source so that we can reproduce the issue quickly. Thanks in advance.
              I've sent you a PM with FTP info, please kindly check.

Comment

Hi Mona, Ican send you the original video source (mind you: it's 20+ GB in size...), but I can assure you the problem ist NOT in the source files.
                I create the source files by ripping with DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper. And I can always successfully convert them with the old Video Converter version 11.0.1.0!!
                It's only that every version since then cannot convert successfully anymore.
                Do you really need my video source file?! You can create one easily for yourself, just rip any Blu-Ray as MKV passthrough. ;-)

Comment

Mona Hi Mona, I'm uploading a video file via ftp now. I'll send you the details in a PM. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zorny View Post
                    Mona Hi Mona, I'm uploading a video file via ftp now. I'll send you the details in a PM. Thanks!
                    Okay, I've passed the file to our QA team, thank you,

Comment

Working...
                    X