Ver 12.0.0 Dolby Vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ver 12.0.0 Dolby Vision

I noticed that with v 12.0.0 the option for single or dual layer DV is no longer offered. It now states just Copy Dolby Vision which results in a dual layer version. Why was this changed? I think the option for SL or DL is still there in the Windows version 12.0.0.

ALSO what hardware is required to playback the Dolby Vision created with DVDFAB besides a TV that support Dolby Vision?

Which profile did you use?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dolby Vision.png
Views:	899
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	387030

Comment

This is how I have my Preferences set and the resulting info this is for DV video

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 4.15.03 PM.png
Views:	851
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	387058 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 4.15.56 PM.png
Views:	840
Size:	369.7 KB
ID:	387059

Comment

Please use a Dolby Vision profile.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	profile.png Views:	0 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	387081

Comment

OK I see my mistake.
          For my second question what Hardware can I use to play back the DV files? I have a DV capable TV. Should I use single or two stream when ripping?

Comment

For playback on TV, please use Single stream.

Comment

In both DVDFab 11 and 12, when ripping a UHD Blu-Ray, only the 3 passthrough profiles are available, plus Mobile and Theater.

The only way to be able to select single stream Dolby Vision is to select the Theater profile, as long as you have changed the default profile for UHD Blu-Ray to re-encoding (!), which is crazy.
              Luckily , I can afterwards select "copy video" and still choose Dolby Vision Single Stream.

Name:	Capture d’écran 2020-12-08 à 08.03.56.png
Views:	716
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	387419
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jeromec View Post
                In both DVDFab 11 and 12, when ripping a UHD Blu-Ray, only the 3 passthrough profiles are available, plus Mobile and Theater.

The only way to be able to select single stream Dolby Vision is to select the Theater profile, as long as you have changed the default profile for UHD Blu-Ray to re-encoding (!), which is crazy.
                Luckily , I can afterwards select "copy video" and still choose Dolby Vision Single Stream.

Name:	Capture d’écran 2020-12-08 à 08.03.56.png
Views:	716
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	387419
                We will fix the issue. Updates will be posted on your other thread. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X