Maw Mac version 12.0.2.1 still doesn't work on High Sierra or earlier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maw Mac version 12.0.2.1 still doesn't work on High Sierra or earlier

The previous topic about "Previous Fix not working" was closed, and we were asked to try the new version. The latest version still suffers from the "Problem with Installation" bug. When you go to the settings control panel to "Authorize" the kernel extension, there is no button there to allow it to run. As a result, you can never get the ripping software to work. This worked back in the 11.5 days, but that version is no longer available for download.

See this original description from that other thread....
    On installing the latest version (dvdfab12_12018_0709bc01) on OSX 10.14.6, I now get on bootup "DVDFab encountered a problem and needs to be repaired".
    Effectively it says it's blocked from loading.
    Clicking "Repair" opens up Security and privacy, but that's about it, even if I unlock it, nothings appearing.
    There's a box for "If this does not work"

It takes me to this link.

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-fix?client_m=

Which appears to be instructions for Version 11 of DVDFab to be repaired.

Followed all the instructions, no change.

I either get;

-bash: cd: /Applications/DVDFab 12.app/Contents/MacOS/./fs.sh: No such file or directory

Or

kextload fabio.kext
    /Library/Extensions/fabio.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
    bash-3.2#

Depending on which instructions from the link I follow, even adjusting for the path being to DVDFab 12 not 11.

I've tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling. No change.

Cannot now get DVDFab to load.
    Last edited by JackBeNimble; 04-05-2021, 06:27 PM.

Same issue as JackBeNimble and the second version of DVD Fab where I upgraded and complete failure to sue the software. Are these new versions run through QA?

JackBeNimble, this post has a link to a previous, WORKING version of DVD Fab for MAC for those us on older OS. Click on the number 12015 in that post.

On installing the latest version (dvdfab12_12018_0709bc01) on OSX 10.14.6, I now get on bootup "DVDFab encountered a problem and needs to be repaired". Effectively it says it's blocked from loading. Clicking "Repair" opens up Security and privacy, but that's about it, even if I unlock it, nothings appearing.

Comment

Working...
    X