Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab for Mac is useless if you have a M1 Mac!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD/BD Ripper DVDFab for Mac is useless if you have a M1 Mac!

If you own a M1 Mac then this software is pretty much useless to you. Video Toolbox does not work, You have to disable all accelerated video decoding and encoding to make it work. This is an extremely slow way to rip a video. The Windows versions of DVDFab are updated constantly but the Mac versions seem to be an afterthought. M1 Macs came out in 2020. We are half way through 2021 and there is still no version of DVDFab that works right with a M1 Mac. I feel like DVDFab should give me a refund for this software because it doesn't work as advertised. They should at least state on their download page that the current version is for Intel Macs only, so people don't make the mistake of purchasing software that don't work for them. On another post that I have here I was told that a version for M1 Macs was being worked on. I have reached the point that I don't believe that is true. HandBrake has a Beta app that you can download that supports Video Toolbox for both H264 and H265. Their software has been out for a while now and it is "FREE". DVDFab doesn't even offer a beta version that can be tried. You should just wait forever for them to find time to come up with a working version. If this was a problem for the Windows version I bet it would have been fixed long ago.

Originally posted by jarjarjar View Post
    If you own a M1 Mac then this software is pretty much useless to you. Video Toolbox does not work, You have to disable all accelerated video decoding and encoding to make it work. This is an extremely slow way to rip a video. The Windows versions of DVDFab are updated constantly but the Mac versions seem to be an afterthought. M1 Macs came out in 2020. We are half way through 2021 and there is still no version of DVDFab that works right with a M1 Mac. I feel like DVDFab should give me a refund for this software because it doesn't work as advertised. They should at least state on their download page that the current version is for Intel Macs only, so people don't make the mistake of purchasing software that don't work for them. On another post that I have here I was told that a version for M1 Macs was being worked on. I have reached the point that I don't believe that is true. HandBrake has a Beta app that you can download that supports Video Toolbox for both H264 and H265. Their software has been out for a while now and it is "FREE". DVDFab doesn't even offer a beta version that can be tried. You should just wait forever for them to find time to come up with a working version. If this was a problem for the Windows version I bet it would have been fixed long ago.
    No reply at all??

I'm also waiting for a working version, it's taking far to long

Comment

I have a lifetime version of DVDFAB Bluray Mac Copy and can't use it on my M1......C'mon FAB; how we gonna fix this this or make it right??? How long??

Comment

I understand everyone's frustration and I am too. DVDFab has been working with Intel architecture so long now that my guess is that unless they hire someone new who's already familiar with ARM architecture, the current staff must learn that architecture from scratch (probably similar to someone who learned how to fix gas powered cars and now has customers who are bringing in their battery operated cars). I'm willing to wait (within reason) for the transition to take place, but it would be nice if the DVDFab staff would update us weekly as to where things stand at any given time.
        Last edited by JimS; 08-04-2021, 04:47 PM.
        Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

As a P.S. to the above statement, I should also confess that I have lifetime "everything" for both Mac and Windows, so I can still operate easily while I'm waiting. Still, I'd rather be using my M1 Mac Mini for my conversions.
          Last edited by JimS; 08-04-2021, 04:45 PM.
          Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Hi guys, we can understand your upset regarding this issue and we are really sorry for the inconvenience it has caused.
            We have the plan to support the Mac M1, it is still in the initial trial verification stage. Unfortunately, there is no estimated time for when it will be available yet, as it cannot be supported in a short time. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              Hi guys, we can understand your upset regarding this issue and we are really sorry for the inconvenience it has caused.
              We have the plan to support the Mac M1, it is still in the initial trial verification stage. Unfortunately, there is no estimated time for when it will be available yet, as it cannot be supported in a short time. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
              Hi

Handbrake supports M1 and has for quite some time now. You could release the trial version so us Mac users can try it and report bugs, a lot of software companies do this.

Comment

Starting to lose patience waiting so long for this App. to get fixed. My Windows version is updated all the time, but the Mac version just gathers dust waiting in their pile of updates that they MIGHT do someday.

Comment

Starting to lose patience waiting so long for this App. to get fixed. My Windows version is updated all the time, but the Mac version just gathers dust waiting in their pile of updates that they MIGHT do someday.
                  I'm sure our Macs are on the bottom end of the DVDFab totem pole. Since the vast majority of users are Windows folks, my guess is that they're spending all their time and effort on preparing for Windows 11 to go online. Again, this is just my opinion, but for those of us who paid for the 'all in one' forever version of Mac DVDFab, the company doesn't have any incentive to put any effort into fixing something that they are not making revenue on. Looks like they're spending most of their time on their streaming software. The lack of real Mac support for this software is reminiscent of their lack of support for the DVDFab Media Server. It's been well over a year since there has been a single update on that site. No revenue after the original sale seems to indicate NO support efforts.
                  Peace, Jim

Comment

I've already lost my patience! HOW can it take such a long time to fix an updated version that will run om my M1!?

Comment

So, I've just been told that an M1 version will be out within 1 month

Comment

Originally posted by winna View Post
                        So, I've just been told that an M1 version will be out within 1 month
                        By whom???
                        Peace, Jim

Comment

Wonder what will happen in October when the new m1x/m2 get introduced.
                          Peace, Jim

Comment

Originally posted by JimS View Post

By whom???

Vivian Wang DVDFab support

Comment

Originally posted by winna View Post

Vivian Wang DVDFab support
                              There could be some misunderstanding, as there is no estimated time available regarding the M1 version of DVDFab 12 yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X