Moving from PC to MAC, Some Questions and Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving from PC to MAC, Some Questions and Concerns

Hi guys, my pc desktop is dying out, so I bought a new macbook air M1.

I am thinking to install the dadfab here on my mac so I can slowly stop using my desktop before it completely die.

So here are my questions:
    1. Since I initially bought my dvdfab, passkey, and stream fab lifetime vers. on a window, will I be able to use that license on my mac?
    2. I always copy my dvd to iso in window, can I do that same on mac? although mac doesnt take iso. But I would like to continue doing that just for future reference.

Thank you guys,

Also, if i need to know anything about using fabs on my mac, please share with me

thank you guys in advance!

for #1 - i believe you would need to repurchase a new license for your mac.
    you might try contacting the service team/support - https://www.dvdfab.cn/contact-en3.htm and see what they say.

Comment

You might want to pull the Blu-ray drive from the PC and install it in an external enclosure to use with your Mac...

Comment

Originally posted by koshinohouse View Post
        Hi guys, my pc desktop is dying out, so I bought a new macbook air M1.

I am thinking to install the dadfab here on my mac so I can slowly stop using my desktop before it completely die.

So here are my questions:
        1. Since I initially bought my dvdfab, passkey, and stream fab lifetime vers. on a window, will I be able to use that license on my mac?
        2. I always copy my dvd to iso in window, can I do that same on mac? although mac doesnt take iso. But I would like to continue doing that just for future reference.

Thank you guys,

Also, if i need to know anything about using fabs on my mac, please share with me

thank you guys in advance!
        Don't bother, it will not run on an M1

Comment

I had nothing but problems using DVDFab on my iMac. I'd say 4 out of 10 Blu-Rays actually ripped correctly, or didn't outright fail. Since I got a new PC (first one in over a decade), I have yet to have one fail on it. Good luck.
          Kill one man, you're an assassin
          Kill an army, you're a conqueror
          Kill em all...you're a GOD

Comment

Originally posted by grmreaper View Post
            I had nothing but problems using DVDFab on my iMac. I'd say 4 out of 10 Blu-Rays actually ripped correctly, or didn't outright fail. Since I got a new PC (first one in over a decade), I have yet to have one fail on it. Good luck.
            Curious if the other options "Converter and Creator" works on the M1?

Comment

Converter works fine, I use it all the time to convert from x264 to x265, speedy too, 2 hour movie in about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
                Converter works fine, I use it all the time to convert from x264 to x265, speedy too, 2 hour movie in about 10 minutes.
                Can you try the Creator mode? I presume that if the converter works, creator should also. Let me know and thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X