No announcement yet.

DVD/BD-Ripper crashes when using H.265 under new MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD/BD Ripper DVD/BD-Ripper crashes when using H.265 under new MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

I am using the latest DVDFab 12.0.4.5 on my Intel-iMac, which I just upgraded from MacOS Big Sur to MacOS Monterey (12.0.1)

Now DVD/BD-Ripper shows the contents of the disc, lets me adjust everything as usual, but when I start the ripping process, it opens the disc tray after 5 seconds and says that it's successfully finished. But of course, it doesn't do anything... :-(

This error happens whenever I try to rip with H.265.
    If I rip in "Pass Through" mode, it works.

I would say, we need an upgraded version for MacOS Monterey.

P.S.: If I rip in Pass Through Mode and then try to use the Converter to compress to H.265 in a second step, the Converter crashes after a while, and the result looks blocky and ugly.
    I guess there is some kind of problem with using the H.265 hardware acceleration under MacOS Monterey.

Thank you for the report, we will check.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorny View Post
      I am using the latest DVDFab 12.0.4.5 on my Intel-iMac, which I just upgraded from MacOS Big Sur to MacOS Monterey (12.0.1)

Now DVD/BD-Ripper shows the contents of the disc, lets me adjust everything as usual, but when I start the ripping process, it opens the disc tray after 5 seconds and says that it's successfully finished. But of course, it doesn't do anything... :-(

This error happens whenever I try to rip with H.265.
      If I rip in "Pass Through" mode, it works.

I would say, we need an upgraded version for MacOS Monterey.

P.S.: If I rip in Pass Through Mode and then try to use the Converter to compress to H.265 in a second step, the Converter crashes after a while, and the result looks blocky and ugly.
      I guess there is some kind of problem with using the H.265 hardware acceleration under MacOS Monterey.
      The developer wants the whole log folder or sends the crash report to us.

Comment

Here ist the complete log folder as requested.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here ist the complete log folder as requested.
          Okay, file received.

Comment

Hi Mona, any reaction from the developers...? Can they confirm the problem?

Comment

P.S.: just to clarify - the problem unfortunately still exists with the brand-new version 12.0.5.2.

Comment

when I start the ripping process, it opens the disc tray after 5 seconds and says that it's successfully finished
                We are unable to duplicate the issue. Please go to the Common Settings window and disable GPU hardware acceleration to convert again and see the result.

Comment

Hi Mona, if I disable all hardware accelerations, the rip and the H.265 encoding works fine. It takes much more time of course, but it works.

Comment

Hi Mona, any news on this subject?

Comment

Hi Mona, any news on this subject?
                      No update from the developer yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

We are unable to duplicate the issue. Please go to the Common Settings window and disable GPU hardware acceleration to convert again and see the result.
                        You would think that you actually test before releasing. GPU hardware is an absolute must have

Comment

Hi Mona, is someone actually looking into this problem?

Comment

The same problem still exists in new version 12.0.5.4

Comment

Due to the limitation of resources at the moment, the developer plans to fix it in 1~3 months. Please use Software or other profiles for now. Sorry for any inconvenience caused in this case.

Comment

Working...
                              X