We want a working M1 version yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We want a working M1 version yesterday

I'm sure we are all wondering, when will it happen? Please give us some useful information. I don't understand how it can take such a long time.

Waiting also

Comment

its been 2 years now... i think?

Comment

lol, new info, just now found out that the m1 version of dvdfab aint coming out at all, seems like they stopped the development process for some reason

Comment

Personally I've stopped ripping discs, I only buy 4K movies now and would rather have the original quality of the disc. DVDFab only gets used for conversions, and there are other softwares that do the same thing with M1 support, so it is what it is....

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
            Personally I've stopped ripping discs, I only buy 4K movies now and would rather have the original quality of the disc. DVDFab only gets used for conversions, and there are other softwares that do the same thing with M1 support, so it is what it is....
            Do you mind telling me which program is the best working in M1? perhaps by pm? please...? thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by koshinohouse View Post
              lol, new info, just now found out that the m1 version of dvdfab aint coming out at all, seems like they stopped the development process for some reason
              Unfortunately, this is starting to become DVDFab's rule rather than the exception. They've done the same thing with their DMS (server). Rather than just admit defeat, that they can't fix the situation, they simply stop trying and leave it up to the DVDFab forum staff to make up excuses about something that is coming 'sometime'. That's not really feedback, it'd stall tactics. It appears that they don't have the time, money, energy or competence to create a native DVDFab program for the M1 architecture. If they were truly committed, they would have had a solution ready back in. 2020 when Apple first introduced these chips. After waiting this long, answers like "Our developers are working on it but we just don't know when it will happen" are no longer sufficient.
              Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Forget Mac and go Windows 11.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Abandon Mac and go to Windows for DVDFab? I don't think so, abandon DVDFab and stay with Mac, absolutely.....

Comment

Stubborn

Comment

No, not really. I love my Mac and I won’t abandon it for one program. I don’t rip discs anymore, I prefer the original quality of my content straight from the source. I only use the conversion part now and not that often. Plus there is other M1 optimized software that does conversions.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                        Stubborn
                        This is the MAC forum, I suppose you got lost. Do you need directions to the Win forum?

Comment

Originally posted by winna View Post

This is the MAC forum, I suppose you got lost. Do you need directions to the Win forum?
                          Using a Mac with this kind of software is not preferable, I am not rich and Macs are great computers but Windows is the basic program for these types of programs, even if you have a buy a cheap laptop just to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
                            No, not really. I love my Mac and I won’t abandon it for one program. I don’t rip discs anymore, I prefer the original quality of my content straight from the source. I only use the conversion part now and not that often. Plus there is other M1 optimized software that does conversions.
                            what other software are you referring to?

Comment

Have any of the new releases of the M1 version of DVDFab worked right for anyone? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X