Cannot open DVDFab at all in Mac 12.2.x with M1 chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot open DVDFab at all in Mac 12.2.x with M1 chip

Since I've upgraded my macos. to 12.xx I have not been able to even run my Lifetime version of DVDFab. I tried de-authorizing it, deleting it and reinstalling it and the logo flashes for a moment then I get the message to reopen, report or ignore. Clicking on any one of these options ends in a loop of trying to run it again. I just reinstalled rosetta 2 to see if that would help but I get the same results. I don't think DVDFab is ever going to fix this for the M1 chip so is there a way that I can get a refund? It runs fine on my Windows 11 PC, but is useless on my mac. Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter. I am including my most recent log file
    Attached Files
    Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Could you please take a screenshot of the error message and show us?
    Also a copy of the error in the message box, and the entire log folder are needed. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi Mona, Here are the files you requested.
      Attached Files
      Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Wouldn't allow as a folder for the log files. Will try a .zip file
        Attached Files
        Peace, Jim

Comment

Thank you, but I figured it out on my own. For anyone else who may me dealing with this same scenario, here's what I did. First, I used my favorite uninstall program to delete both DVDFab 12 and the mini version. Then I did the same thing with DVDFab Player. Then, I searched for any leftover remnants of the DVDFab software including the log files (which the uninstaller didn't delete). After that, I re-downloaded the latest version of DVDFab and it runs as it did prior to installing macos 12.2.1. Hope this helps someone else. Peace, Jim
          Peace, Jim

Comment

Hi Jim, thank you for the update, glad it works.

Comment

Working...
            X