Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Thinking of Buying DVD Fab - Can't Run it, Tech Support is Worse than Useless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Thinking of Buying DVD Fab - Can't Run it, Tech Support is Worse than Useless

I have an M1 Mac Mini running Ventura 13.3.1 and just last week I downloaded DVDFab to see if it would work for me and was thinking, "Looks good. If it works, I'll buy it." I was in a buying frame of mind. If it would have installed and run on my Mac, I would have bought it that evening, however it would not work and I asked for help through tech support and they're not only not helping, they're not reading what I write and basically trying to give me a quick response so they can check it off as done, whether they help me or not.

Computer/program problem:

As I said, I downloaded and tried to install it. I don't know if there is an issue with my Mac or not. On my older iMac, when a program needed me to enable something in security to work, it'd bring up the Preferences program open to what I needed to change. This doesn't happen now. So DVDFab, during the install, did tell me I had to make a change. I hit "return" too fast and didn't see the warning, but when I try to use DVDFab, I get a warning again. I searched, found out I have to restart my system to get to the Recovery screen when I boot it so I can enable extensions. I try that, I click "Options" and I get ONLY backup and restore options. I do not get an option for any utilities (even on the menu bar).

I'm still getting used to my Mac Mini and the newer OS. (My previous Mac is updated to Catalina and won't. go any higher.) I know there's some issue about extensions and enabling them, but I haven't had time to read up on what's safe, what do to about it, and so on.

That's when I made a serious mistake and wrote to tech support. After a lot of struggling, I got them to send me a link that showed me how to do this in the older macOS versions that used Preferences instead of Settings. And, as I mentioned, when I tried to get to the Options during the boot process, I could ONLY get to options for restoring data.

So, first problem: What do I do to get extensions enabled on Ventura 13.3.1? Is there some reason the Options (where I can disable Extensions) is not showing up?

Inept DVDFab Tech Support:

Email tech support was a mistake. Remember, I download the program and wanted to test it out. Support has been SO inept and clearly has not had anyone actually reading my emails that my experience with them, alone, is making me wonder if this is a company that actually cares about making sure customers can use their software or not. First, I just downloaded DVDFab. I haven't bought it and didn't even think about signing up for an account. (Ever notice how EVERY site and company wants you to sign up for an account and then it takes weeks to get them to stop sending ALL the emails they send out? Didn't want to go through that.)

I write to Tech Support and tell them my issue. I get a return email, "DVDFab staff has responded to the message you submitted. Please log in to the DVDFab Member Center to check it out at Ticket > Open Ticket.​" I check and the link doesn't have any incident ID or anything with it and clicking on it takes me to a login screen.

I respond, "I don't have a membership, what do I do?" They send me a link that tells me how to do this with the older macOS version, using Preferences instead of Settings - and most Mac users will know the issue here - that the interfaces in the older Preferences and the newer Settings have a number of changes and don't work the same. I respond and explain that the link doesn't help since it's for a non-current version of the OS and I still can't do it.

So they send me an email that's identical to the one above - telling me to go to the Member Center and log in. Again, I say, "I can't. Not a member."

And I get the same response.

Rinse and repeat AGAIN. I tell them, using caps, "PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE EMAIL SO YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!" and they don't. They reply with the same email to log in and see it.

Repeat. Again.

Questions:
    1) Is there ANY way to get tech support to READ your emails? Since this makes it clear to me they're not reading the emails. I notice, in Apple Mail, the emails are not even in a thread, so I don't know if tech support can even check the history of a support request, but this has been a frustrating waste of time. Tech Support does not care enough to read more than a sentence or so and they ignore that.

2) Is tech support always this useless?

3) Can someone here send this info to someone supervising tech support and tell them their work is so bad they're actually driving customers away?

4) Assuming I buy DVDFab - what do I do if I need support since contacting them is such a bad experience?

Hi, sorry for any unpleasant experience you are encountering here.
    By checking the records, our staff has forwarded her replies to your associated email address as well, did you check including the junk folder?

Since you cannot log in to the member center, I will reset the password of your account, please kindly check the forum PM for detail.

As for Mac system related, please kindly check this page too: https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/mac-m1-how-to-repair.htm
    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      Hi, sorry for any unpleasant experience you are encountering here.
      By checking the records, our staff has forwarded her replies to your associated email address as well, did you check including the junk folder?

Since you cannot log in to the member center, I will reset the password of your account, please kindly check the forum PM for detail.

As for Mac system related, please kindly check this page too: https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/mac-m1-how-to-repair.htm
      Thanks.
      The link you provide is OUTDATED. It's for a previous OS version, where the Mac uses "Preferences." Now it uses "Settings" and things are different so I cannot do some of the things you tell me to do. This was something I pointed out in email - and was ignored.

Between this post (which has taken 5 days to get ANY reply, and the email, where I've had to FIGHT to get anything at all, I'm getting either nothing or outdated answers. I'd like a solution, but, at this point, I'm not likely to buy DVD Fab. It's just too hard to get answers and I have to fight for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaginaryTango View Post

The link you provide is OUTDATED. It's for a previous OS version, where the Mac uses "Preferences." Now it uses "Settings" and things are different so I cannot do some of the things you tell me to do. This was something I pointed out in email - and was ignored.

Between this post (which has taken 5 days to get ANY reply, and the email, where I've had to FIGHT to get anything at all, I'm getting either nothing or outdated answers. I'd like a solution, but, at this point, I'm not likely to buy DVD Fab. It's just too hard to get answers and I have to fight for any help.
        If you agree, we will remote access your Mac to check it for you. Please check PM for more details. Thanks.

Comment

Has this issue been resolved? I, too, am having this issue. The instructions on where to enable the system extension do not refer to recent versions of MacOS Ventura. I want to enable the system extension, but there seem to be no instructions on how to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by mycool View Post
            Has this issue been resolved? I, too, am having this issue. The instructions on where to enable the system extension do not refer to recent versions of MacOS Ventura. I want to enable the system extension, but there seem to be no instructions on how to do this.
            Hi, you may google "How to enable the system extension" to get details. I've also enclosed a link from the search you may check.

Comment

Thank you Mona. I have googled that and have still not been able to resolve the issue. Also, I do not see the enclosed link you referenced. Where would I see this? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Comment

Thank you Mona. I have googled that and have still not been able to resolve the issue. Also, I do not see the enclosed link you referenced. Where would I see this? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
                Please check PM, thanks.

Comment

Hello, i have the same issue. Think the problem is, that there is a missing or a wrong driver (fabio.kext) for the arm achitecture of apple silicon cpu's. i tried to solve it by the manual way.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2023-06-10 um 19.24.59.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	428302

Comment

Originally posted by schneeballplayer View Post
                    Hello, i have the same issue. Think the problem is, that there is a missing or a wrong driver (fabio.kext) for the arm achitecture of apple silicon cpu's. i tried to solve it by the manual way.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2023-06-10 um 19.24.59.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	428302
                    Did you refer to this page https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/mac-m1-how-to-repair.htm and still have the same issue?
                    Please provide the latest dvdfab_internal log file, thanks.

Comment

I think this must be a known issue as I have tried to get it working in every way possible but nothing works. Hopefully, they will get it working again in 13.

Comment

I think this must be a known issue as I have tried to get it working in every way possible but nothing works. Hopefully, they will get it working again in 13.
                        You may contact us via the online chat at https://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm and our developer can remotely check your Mac to fix it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Did you refer to this page https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/mac-m1-how-to-repair.htm and still have the same issue?
                          Please provide the latest dvdfab_internal log file, thanks.
                          Hello, once again. Some time passed. New Version 13 is released. But the error is still there. I tried the way in the described way of the link, but it cannot work because the driver for arm mac cpu is still missing. very sad. will there a fix in the future?

Comment

Working...
                          X