Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV series ripping workflow

Hi all,
    I've used DVDFab on a Windows 10 machine on/off for a long time, but for the last 5 years or so was using AnyDVD and Clone BD to rip TV episodes to BD/UHD ISO, with one file each per episode. I used to put the physical disc in my Oppo 203 and then could work out which title I'd ripped in Clone BD to match the corresponding episode, having used the preview screen in Clone BD.
    So I installed DVDFab for my M1 Mac a couple of years' ago, but didn't really use it until recent weeks for TV series, when AnyDVD evaporated!
    So I'm just trying to replicate the same workflow in DVDFab and I'm really happy basically with the copy disc function and selecting a title from the list - this saves me heaps of time compared to Clone BD.
    I'm just wondering though, if there's a way to preview the title I'm ripping like I did in Clone BD? Or do people have another workflow to work out which ripped title belongs to which episode? Currently when I try to preview a loaded disc in Fab Player 6, it just plays one title from the disc, so whilst Fab Player 6 is great post ripping for checking the ripped episode, I don't get to see the full BD/UHD menu.
    Thanks, Dave

You may try the meta-correction.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	meta information.png
Views:	46
Size:	410.5 KB
ID:	448070

Comment

Thanks Mona,
      When I do this, the screen looks a bit weird with numerics overlapping and it's hard to read what is what.
      This was a disc I'd already ripped: I'd ripped tracks 801, 802 and 803, which corresponded to episode 1, 2 and 3 respectively.
      But if I was to rips these episodes this way, I'm not sure I'd know which one I was previewing? Also I get an error when I hit the play button on the preview screen. Is there a way to fix this? It's a 1080p BR which plays fine in Player Fab, VLC etc.
      Cheers, Dave
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Metadata screen.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	448191

Comment

Running 13.0.2.4 thanks on M1 Mac Sonoma 14.5. Thanks Dave.

Comment

Working...
        X