Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some success looks promising...feature Roadmap for DLNA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some success looks promising...feature Roadmap for DLNA?

So I have tried many Windows Media Players, and always find each has pros/cons. Mostly, I have never really found the right fit for me... a player with all the features of Media Player Classic - Home Cinema, a decent DLNA browser function, etc.

Could a feature roadmap be described for DVDFab Media Player?

Again, base features and if there is any intent on including a DLNA browser, or server feature?

Originally posted by chertens View Post
    So I have tried many Windows Media Players, and always find each has pros/cons. Mostly, I have never really found the right fit for me... a player with all the features of Media Player Classic - Home Cinema, a decent DLNA browser function, etc.

Could a feature roadmap be described for DVDFab Media Player?

Again, base features and if there is any intent on including a DLNA browser, or server feature?
    I concur with the feature request. There are many direct file access media players available but next to none that also include uPNP/DLNA supprot to connect to a media server via this method as opposed to a file share. Windows Media Player under Windows 7 does but it is limited and doesn't support all of the features including folder browsing, tag files and DTS sound decoding. These features would make a product stand out from the crowd.

Comment

Text deleted. Please show some respect for the developers of this product, who also pay for the operation of this forum.

Comment

Hi chertens,

The DLNA server was done and we need perfect it before release, please stay tuned

Sorry no roadmap for now, but please trust us we have a huge todo list for the player.

Best Regards,
        Fengtao
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Very good, I have couple of media players both wired and wireless attached, a couple PCs where I run an XBMC as well as VLC Player....would love to test the next beta when it comes out.

Comment

I completed testing yesterday with a number of different video and audio file formats inclusing m2ts w/DTS HD audio, m2ts w/AC-3 TrueHD audio, m2ts w/AC-3 audio, VOB and WMV formats. All played perfectly. I did notice a couple of things for suggestions. First, subtitles were on by default and it took a bit to find where to turn them off. I'd suggest he default be off, not on. Second, trying to get from full screen mdoe back to a resizable screen wasn't the usual esc button. Instead I finally figured out that a double click would take it out of full screen mode.

Overall I am very impressed for a first beta. I see a lot of potential here, especially if uPNP/DLNA support is added. With the type of support and fixes that DVDFab provides, I'd happily pay for the product once uPNP is added. I've been wanting to get away from Windows Media Player and get a client that has DTS HD audio support.

Comment

DVD Playback from Hard Drive?

Is this program capable of playing a DVD which has been ripped to a hard drive? It doesn't seem to respond when pointing it to the folder for a ripped DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                Is this program capable of playing a DVD which has been ripped to a hard drive? It doesn't seem to respond when pointing it to the folder for a ripped DVD.
                I tested it with both regular DVDs and Blu-Rays. Blu-Rays worked fine. Regular DVDs don't seem to work, at least using the open folder function. If you use the open file function with regular DVDs and point it at the first VOB file, it will play. I am not sure if that is how it is supposed to work but that is what I have seen in my testing.

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
                  I completed testing yesterday with a number of different video and audio file formats inclusing m2ts w/DTS HD audio, m2ts w/AC-3 TrueHD audio, m2ts w/AC-3 audio, VOB and WMV formats. All played perfectly. I did notice a couple of things for suggestions. First, subtitles were on by default and it took a bit to find where to turn them off. I'd suggest he default be off, not on. Second, trying to get from full screen mdoe back to a resizable screen wasn't the usual esc button. Instead I finally figured out that a double click would take it out of full screen mode.

Overall I am very impressed for a first beta. I see a lot of potential here, especially if uPNP/DLNA support is added. With the type of support and fixes that DVDFab provides, I'd happily pay for the product once uPNP is added. I've been wanting to get away from Windows Media Player and get a client that has DTS HD audio support.
                  Since this is based upon the XMBC distribution I tried some of the control functions in XMBC. Using the Ctrl+E key funtion, I was able to add my Tversity uPNP/DLNA server and can play ripped movies now from the server without doing a direct drive attach. This is great. I'll do some more testing to see how the other funtions work like Tag support and such.

Comment

Now that uPNP/DLNA is working and you've got DTS MA and True HD bitstream working, the last major thing missing is more uPNP fields being displayed from the info passed from the server. RIght now the only thing that is displayed is the cover art. If you could add the ability to display the Artist and Comment/Description fields you'd have something really special. The only uPNP endpoint I have seen come close is the Netgear EVA-9150 which displays the cover art and the comment/desctipion fields. It allows you to toggle between them. What would be great is a configuration option to allow us to turn on/off the uPNP meta data fields from the server that we want displayed.

Comment

Working...
                    X