3D Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Support

I just ordered a 3D 1080P projector (BenQ W7000), and wanted to use my old Mac as a media center. I'd love to be able to play 3D bluray and / or 3D games.

The product page says "3D or non-3D," but I'm not sure about the extent of 3D support on DVDfab or Mac. Honestly I'm not really sure how 3D would work on a computer. Does the OS need to natively support 3D output? Or, is there a a 3D driver/kext that works with DVDfab?

Sorry for my general confusion. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!
    -Jeff

Originally posted by jeff-y View Post
    I just ordered a 3D 1080P projector (BenQ W7000), and wanted to use my old Mac as a media center. I'd love to be able to play 3D bluray and / or 3D games.

The product page says "3D or non-3D," but I'm not sure about the extent of 3D support on DVDfab or Mac. Honestly I'm not really sure how 3D would work on a computer. Does the OS need to natively support 3D output? Or, is there a a 3D driver/kext that works with DVDfab?

Sorry for my general confusion. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!
    -Jeff
    Jeff my set up is different to yours in that I stream to a media player but I have no problem playing 3D rips. If you try ripping a 3D blu ray to MKV in side by side format then play it to your projector you may get a happy result. I know my 3D rips will play in most media players on my computer but you get two images side by side. It is the TV that puts the two images back into one 3D image.

I would check if your projector supports Side by Side or over and under format and if it does I would say you are in with a big chance. I was really impressed with DVD Fabs ability to rip 3D when I first started with it. I don't even possess a 3D bluray player I rely totally on Fab rips played through my media player > works great.

Anyway I'd say you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain if you can sort it out. It really turned out a lot easier than I thought when I first kicked off with 3D.

Comment

Working...
    X