Animated Icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animated Icons

So now we have animated icons, and a Settings gear icon. When I mouse over the Settings gear icon, it disappears. It would be better to have it rotate and change color, rather than disappear.

Are you trying to make another XBMC - an all-in-one (AIO) HTPC player? Or is this supposed to be a PowerDVD-type media player for the PC? Not necessarily an HTPC AIO player?

I'm curious in what direction you expect to take this product, as it has an impact on feature-set. For instance, XBMC is a bit light on the whole playback feature-set (at least OOB). You can play, pause, skip forward and back, but that's about it. It also has been designed to work with a remote, and not just a keyboard and mouse.

A media player should have more robust player controls, allowing for frame-by-frame playback, variable-speed playback (both forward and reverse), etc. At least in my mind... Also, I would expect a PC media player to not be remote-optimized, but keyboard and mouse optimized.

If you are trying to make a better XBMC, will it allow for community-developed plug-ins? As a developer, I am interested in your response to this...
Working...
X