Very buggy -- can't get movie to play at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very buggy -- can't get movie to play at all

Version v1.0.0.3 has worked the best for me so far, but it's been all downhill from there. First off, v1.0.1.5 won't play discs at all. Not only is the Play Disc icon still missing, but if I use the Play File icon and navigate to the BDMV folder the program simply crashes to the desktop if I try to use Full Navigation mode. If I try to use Quick & Simple Mode, the progress bar just scrolls for while and then nothing happens. In fact, I swapped discs when I was trying this latest version out and the software thought I was still trying to play the first disc when I put a different disc in my BD player! On top of everything else, the program is stuck in full screen mode and it just squeaks at me if I hit Esc (or any other key) to try to get back to windowed mode.

Maybe that fact that I'm running Mountain Lion has something to do with these issues? As it stands now, it seems like the developers haven't even tried to use the program prior to posting/selling it.

This software isn't ready for prime time and I'm not going to pay $60 for the privilege of being a beta tester. I'd happily pay $60 for some stable, functioning software but it just isn't there yet.
    Last edited by CBR929; 07-31-2012, 01:52 AM. Reason: Edited text

Hi kfscoll
    Please understand that this is very new for Fab, and I'm sure they will get everything ironed out.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi kfscoll,
      Thanks for your information. Plz tell us the disc name, so we can fix the issue as soon as possible.

Mac version has some issues in fixing.
      resigned

Comment

Originally posted by xubin View Post
        Hi kfscoll,
        Thanks for your information. Plz tell us the disc name, so we can fix the issue as soon as possible.

Mac version has some issues in fixing.
        I actually tried two discs -- Das Boot and Take Shelter. Both failed in the ways I described earlier. What's weird is that 1.0.1.5 works on my new Retina MacBook Pro but won't play a disc at all on my mid-2011 iMac. 1.0.1.3 works on my iMac, but both 1.0.1.3 and 1.0.1.5 crash when trying to use the Full Navigation mode. 1.0.0.3 seemed to be the most stable (although the UI is the least polished) but I found, after buying a license, that I was unable to register 1.0.0.3 so it'll expire on me in 9 days.

Incidentally, 1.0.1.5 does show the Play Disc icon on my rMBP but does not on my iMac. 1.0.1.3 does show the Play Disc icon on my iMac.

Both of my machines are running the current build of OS X 10.8 with all updates.

Thanks for the reply; and sorry for venting my frustration. I was just disappointed that 1.0.0.3 is about the expire on me and, even after purchasing the license, there's no way to reset the 30-day trial period. Oh well; I can make due with 1.0.1.3/1.0.1.5 until newer versions come along.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem, both on the MAc version and the PC version, ever since I paid and registered for both. Using the latest versions, the play disc isn't available anymore and in "about" it says that the register server can't connect. I've tried many discs, NONE plays so it's not disc related.

Please fix.

Comment

Working...
          X