Settings & Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settings & Data

The new DVDFab Media Player stores its settings and data in the "users" "My Documents" folder, these are often network shares and synchronised across to the client using ActiveSync and should not be used for application data, that is what the \ProgramData\.. folder is for or the Users\<UserName>\Roaming\... folder is for.

Please change this or at least make it user configurable as I cannot use the software in it's current form as it clogs up the system when it syncs and hogs the data store.

Many thanks, Geoff

Update

Using 1.0.1.7 to try to set the save folder and the settings just will not be saved, so still failed to set thise to any othe location.

Basically we need a reliable way to change the "Home Folder" location, even if that means editing an .xml file for now or something similar.

Have had to uninstall the product and will look for a refund if this is not fixed soon.

Comment

Please could someone let me know whether this has been fixed on later versions!! ASAP, thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by allisong View Post
        Please could someone let me know whether this has been fixed on later versions!! ASAP, thanks,
        Is there any particular reason why you don't want to install the newest version and see for yourself?
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by allisong View Post
          Not in the latest version.

Comment

We will improve this ASAP, in fact, the settings dialog not complete now.
            Some of buttons and items are not the final version.
            But we will list this in our schedule.

Comment

Working...
            X